April 18, 2024, 11:28:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: what you guys waitin on?  (Read 1140 times)
2Kranch
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2011, 09:52:37 pm »

well my buddy mat called me up and wanted me to bring my concho dog over to see if we could get one of his young dogs to go hunt with him in his little 8 acre hog pen so i went over to his house. i put the trackin system on concho in case he somehow got out of the pen. i just let him run around the truck while mat was gettin his lil gyp ready and we noticed concho was no were around  so i pulled out the garmin and it showed him bayed at 415yds in the oppisite direction of the hog pen. at first i figured my conpass needed to be calibrated but then we heard him and the compass was right on target i sent mats little gyp to him and on the way by his other dogs i grabbed his catch dog hoping it wasnt a bad hog cuz i didnt grab a vest or anything. when we got to them i seen the hog and it was a sow that shoulda wieghed about 150 but she was poor poor and maybe wieghed 100 lbs. his bull dog caught her with ease and then we realized all we had to tie her with was a small piece of mule tape. i guess concho didnt want to wait on the other dogs lol Grin.

Logan-99
Alpha Dog

Fedor, Texas

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 07:37:56 am »

sounds like he knows what to do when the tailgate drops, doesnt that sows bottom jaw look shorter than the upper? that could be the reason for her being so poor not getting enough food
shankem
Alpha Dog

580-821-2497

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 01:36:48 pm »

good deal
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: