April 29, 2024, 10:28:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: baiting hogs in to an area  (Read 2940 times)
tnhillbilly
Hog Doom

WWT Official scorer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2011, 08:58:19 pm »

To make sour mash, I use a 55 gallon drum with a screw on lid, if you can find one.
fill about 1/2. To 3/4 with whole corn. Dont fill it plumb full cause the corn swells.
fill with water til it just covers corn by couple inches. Add 5-10 lb of sugar and 3-4 packs of yeast.
    Stir it best you can and put lid back on and leave it loose enough to burp, or let excess gasses out. Let set for couple weeks to whenever, it will last a very long time.
    I just hold my breath and dip it out with a bucket. Be sure not to get it on you or your wife will make you sleep outside.
    Its like hog crap, it wont wash off.  Grin

you sound like youve met popcorn sutton Wink
He lived about 40 mins from my house. From where I grew up, was about 15 min.

Powered by
* Dr.Enuf *
BigCutters4
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2011, 09:38:56 pm »

we use a barrel fill it half way with corn and fill it with water about 8 inches over the corn works great
firemedic
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2011, 08:40:07 am »

Tom I saw ole' Popcorn on TV a few weeks ago. I'd seen him on a moonshine show some time back.....now he's card. I got a kick out of watching him buck dance.

It's easy to judge the character of a man,....by how he treats those that can do nothing for him.
J.Prince
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2011, 09:57:42 am »

To make sour mash, I use a 55 gallon drum with a screw on lid, if you can find one.
fill about 1/2. To 3/4 with whole corn. Dont fill it plumb full cause the corn swells.
fill with water til it just covers corn by couple inches. Add 5-10 lb of sugar and 3-4 packs of yeast.
    Stir it best you can and put lid back on and leave it loose enough to burp, or let excess gasses out. Let set for couple weeks to whenever, it will last a very long time.
    I just hold my breath and dip it out with a bucket. Be sure not to get it on you or your wife will make you sleep outside.
    Its like hog crap, it wont wash off.  Grin

you sound like youve met popcorn sutton Wink
He lived about 40 mins from my house. From where I grew up, was about 15 min.

That's pretty cool. I bet you could talk to a guy like him for years and years and still not hear all the wild and over the top stories be has to tell. Lol

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk
tnhillbilly
Hog Doom

WWT Official scorer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2011, 12:57:31 pm »

As much as I would have liked to known him, I honestly have to admit that I never met him personally but pretty sure ive consumed some of his products.   Grin
  Know people that did know him tho.  I have to say from what ive seen and heard of him, if you want a definition of a hillbilly,  popcorn was it.