September 28, 2026, 02:36:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: State dog  (Read 4338 times)
winchester3030
Bay Dog
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 58


View Profile
« on: November 03, 2011, 03:53:11 pm »

Had a person the other nite tell me that the blue lacy was the state dog for Texas, does anybody know this for a fact. P.S. the person that told me this is not a hog hunter.
Logged
leifbarnes
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 561



View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 03:59:46 pm »

http://www.netstate.com/states/symb/dogs/tx_blue_lacy.htm
Logged

Eric Barnes
tomtom
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 174


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 05:14:07 pm »

 Shane, email Lloyd Moreland here at work. He has a pup that is pretty neat.
Logged
Jpepper
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 201



View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 05:25:26 pm »

It's true.
Logged
Jpepper
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 201



View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 05:26:06 pm »

Probably a state rock as well if you look for it.  Grin
Logged
Txmason
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 738



View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 06:22:21 pm »

Blue Lacy is Texas as Catahoula is LA.
Logged

Douglas Mason
979-733-0578
www.txmasoncatahoulas.com
www.tdha.org
bmac
Hog Dog Pup
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 24


View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 06:52:42 pm »

Tom Graham spent alot of time and energy
As I was told in making the state dog
The blue lacy Texashogdog on here knows
Tom real well I know his kin folk good
I don't know if Tom is on here
Logged

IN THE END WE'RE ALL JUST PASSING TIME
GET IT WHILE YOU CAN
FAMILY IS THE ONLY REALTY
ROCKIN ROO HOG DOGS
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 964



View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 08:22:15 pm »

Somebody told me this was the state dog for Arkansas... Grin

Logged

Quote from the great Will Rogers:
"If there are no dogs in heaven,when i die i want to go where they went"
bmac
Hog Dog Pup
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 24


View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 08:34:37 pm »

Hey where is the billy ray cirus
90s mullet that goes with them teeth
Logged

IN THE END WE'RE ALL JUST PASSING TIME
GET IT WHILE YOU CAN
FAMILY IS THE ONLY REALTY
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 4087


View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 08:42:23 pm »

Lol the blue is just the color strain there is also yellow red and tri colored lacy dogs.  The blue came from the tlgda which is all about money and not promoting the lacys as a working breed 
Logged
Reuben
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
**********
Offline Offline

Posts: 9507


View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 05:33:45 am »

Blue Lacy is Texas as Catahoula is LA.

x2...
Logged

Training dogs is not about quantity, it's more about timing, the right situations, and proper guidance...After that it's up to the dog...
A hunting dog is born not made...
jls41
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 955



View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 01:07:15 pm »

Here's a great group that have done a lot for the Lacy breed.  They have the history down that one of the decendants from the Lacy family, Bob Lacy, has worked with them on in getting it down on paper.

http://www.nationallacydog.org/

They are intereseted in true working Lacys.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 01:10:22 pm by jls41 » Logged

Jo Lynne Stark
LSWDA President & Charter Member
trapperchick87
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 374



View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 01:19:18 pm »

ok lets not go bad mouthing the Lacy breed.. we at NLDA have worked hard to get lacys back on the map as working dogs..."The blue came from the tlgda" the blue came from the genetics... there are 3 colors :blue, red, and tri. thats all no other colors and they are DANG good dogs. if anyone wants to see a Lacy work come on out I'll show ya some good dogs. Sorry I get tired of people trash talking Lacys like there some fru fru dog, grant there are some of those out there, but still they work just as hard as other breeds of hunting/working dogs
Logged

Life's tough...get a helmet
Reuben
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
**********
Offline Offline

Posts: 9507


View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 01:47:33 pm »

ok lets not go bad mouthing the Lacy breed.. we at NLDA have worked hard to get lacys back on the map as working dogs..."The blue came from the tlgda" the blue came from the genetics... there are 3 colors :blue, red, and tri. thats all no other colors and they are DANG good dogs. if anyone wants to see a Lacy work come on out I'll show ya some good dogs. Sorry I get tired of people trash talking Lacys like there some fru fru dog, grant there are some of those out there, but still they work just as hard as other breeds of hunting/working dogs

I have seen a few that looked yellow...is this color considered to be red in the Lacy? the dogs were not registered but was told they were Lacy.
Logged

Training dogs is not about quantity, it's more about timing, the right situations, and proper guidance...After that it's up to the dog...
A hunting dog is born not made...
Jpepper
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 201



View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 01:54:16 pm »

I've got two Lacys and they are both some damn good dogs that put in plenty of work around the ranch. And for what it's worth my male Lacy is cream colored/yellow with blue tint all throughout the body and tail.
Logged
Jpepper
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 201



View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 01:58:54 pm »

Oh and for what it's worth I got both of my dogs thru the TLGDA and my breeder made damn sure I worked my dogs before I got them.
Logged
trapperchick87
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 374



View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 02:07:56 pm »

Color:
Though they are often called blue Lacys, there are three permissible color varieties. Blues are any shade of gray from light silver to dark charcoal. Reds range from light cream to rust. The tri combines these colors with a blue base and distinct red markings as appropriate for trim. Blue shading or trim on red dogs is not permitted. White should appear on the brisket and may stretch from chin to groin. White should also be present on one or more paws. Excessive white is discouraged and markings on the face or above mid-line are a disqualifying fault.

if ya have anymore questions look on the NLDA web site Smiley
Logged

Life's tough...get a helmet
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 3544



View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 04:27:31 pm »

Purebreedcolt  you know when you say what u just said,  it is gonna let the fur fly so why even say what you said.

"The blue came from the tlgda which is all about money and not promoting the lacys as a working breed "
 
I got great friends that worked their asses off .  What you just said is a Crock of number 2 !
Logged

The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 3544



View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 04:32:00 pm »

Their is no need for bad mouthing cause when you do most know it is just for P.R. and promote the other registry ! 
Logged

The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 4087


View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 09:42:49 pm »

No no not trying to ruffle feathers I am not associated with either registry well my female is tlgda registered but I don't do nothing with it.  I am not saying every dog or owner in the tlgda is not worth their weight but there are more than most in it for the breeding money/back yard breeders.  I'm not going from some junk I thought up go onto the puppy board on tlgda website and call some of the numbers on there gurentee 3/4 will be back yard breeders.  I have done called who knows how many people on there and found a handfull I would buy from but most I ended the conversation early because they had no idea what they were talking about.  I have spoken with you and know where you stand and hey that is great and for you and your dogs do not apply to most that have dogs in the tlgda but your the exception not the rule.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!