October 01, 2026, 06:01:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Some people!  (Read 1432 times)
djhogdogger
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 4180


Dinah Psencik from Dayton Tx.


View Profile
« on: November 09, 2011, 03:17:15 pm »


 I don't know what to think. We decided to try a new place to have sausage made. I went to take a deer and a hog to have sausage made and there was a man already there ahead of me with a deer to be processed. When it was my turn, the employee asked if he could help me and I said yes, I have a deer and a hog that is boned out and I would like to have sausage made. The man who was before me turned around and told the employee, Im surprised that yall process hog. He said it like he was sickened by the very idea.

 I was thinking WTH....HELLO, Im standing right here! And the employee replied, yes we do occasionally take a hog if someone wants us to process it.

 Again I was thinking WTH! Ive never been to a place that processes wild game who didn't process wild hog. Maybe Ive just never been to the same places as the other guy. 
Logged

A television can insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
djhogdogger
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 4180


Dinah Psencik from Dayton Tx.


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 03:33:23 pm »

 Sorry, Ive just had a wierd day.
Logged

A television can insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 4545



View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 03:41:04 pm »

The other customer sounds like a weekend warrior city boy. When I was a lil boy my dads night job was at a meat market in Pearland, and I remember very distinctly when I started noticing some people who came in just didn't seem "normal". Now looking back, I realize these were the city folks moving in during the oil boom as Pearland became a suburb. Not that this has much to do with your situation, but it brought back memories.
Logged

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
ED BARNES
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 410


View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 04:03:56 pm »

AROUND HERE A LOT OF THE PROCESSORS WONT TAKE A WILD HOG
Logged

djhogdogger
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 4180


Dinah Psencik from Dayton Tx.


View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 04:07:17 pm »

I guess its an East Texas delicacy.  Grin
Logged

A television can insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
dub
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 4288


View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 04:42:54 pm »

Could be a place that does kosher food. I was in a pizza place and a man asked the people to use a pizza cutter that was just washed because he knew the other one had cut meat.
Logged

"...A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself..." John Stuart Mill
tomtom
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 174


View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 05:59:19 pm »

 Wont process a "wild" hog??? wtf is this world coming to??? its like theres a muslim in office or something...
Logged
2Kranch
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 190



View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 06:09:41 pm »

iv heard of some processors that wont take a wild hog for sausage because the fat makes the meat shrink in the cassings. but idk thats just what iv been told.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!