April 29, 2024, 10:27:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sick pup  (Read 1037 times)
tmatt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2011, 08:39:36 pm »

Went out to feed this morning and my daughter's ybmc pup wouldn't come out of his house. I got in the pen and pulled him out and he was very lethargic. He hadn't eaten his food from the night before and it looked like he had urinated all over himself while in his doghouse. I can't figure out what it could be. He was wormed two weeks ago, has had his shots and everything. I have a Lacy pup next to him and she is fine.

Be who you are and say what you mean because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.
TChunter
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 08:46:03 pm »

i had two pups just die from parvo...hope its not that..
SCHitemHard
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2011, 08:48:44 pm »

make sure you didnt worm him with some bad stuff, hows his stools? best thing is take him inisde to watch him 24/7. i would make sure hes hydrated and prolly call the vet in the mornin

Matt H
Cleveland, OH
tmatt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 08:50:57 pm »

You and me both. The pup is still drinking water but he is not eating. He isn't dehydrated or anything yet, so he still has a chance. I called the vet just waiting on the return call.

Be who you are and say what you mean because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.
Riley W
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2011, 08:57:28 pm »

try arbys  roost beef i had a dog that didint even eat a hot dog that was the only thing she would eat
hope she gets better

" I don't think you understand they killed my dog mister "-Shooter
arrowbar
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2011, 09:04:51 pm »

arby's is more expensive than many of the high dollar sandwhich places around here.
tmatt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, 09:23:37 pm »

The nearest Arby's is 45 minutes away. I did scramble an egg for him and offer him other stuff and he won't even smell of it. As long as he stays hydrated I will worry about the eating tomorrow. I guess I could try cat food, all dogs like cat food.

arrowbar
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, 09:51:26 pm »

if he can take something with electrolytes like gatorade or pedialyte it will help a lot, just water may dillute the electrolyte imbalance and its like robbing peter to pay paul it works for now but it doesnt work in the long run
tmatt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, 10:00:55 pm »

We took his water and gave him some pedialyte. All we have is the orange flavor though. He is drinking some of it.

SCHitemHard
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, 10:31:13 pm »

you could also use origional yogurt and gound beef, may have to force a bit tho

Matt H
Cleveland, OH
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 10:53:48 pm »

tmatt is it the pup i give yur daughter.

Monty Bennet
mike rogers
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, 07:23:20 am »

I don't know if it's the same thing or not, but my nephew had half his littler come down with a type of pneumonia.  They had the same symptoms your pup has. They also lost a lot of weight.  One thing he did was give a penicillin shot to everyone of them.  He didn't know what they had until he got'm to the vet.  He had lost 2 in a matter of 2 days. Force feed that rascal the liquid, if you have the pc give him a shot, then take him to the vet asap. I would also have him checked for hook worms.....
Dexter
Hog Master

Confetti Catahoulas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, 09:46:11 am »

does the pup have a awful smell
   feed it tuna
  lotss of fluids
   good luck
  Dexter
baytril and Dex along with antiboitics  if tis parvo

Confetti Catahoulas
Skip A Rope Catahoulas
skip_a_rope_catahoulas@yahoo.com  confetti_catahoulas@yahoo.com
tmatt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, 11:57:57 am »

Month, yep that's the one that is sick. I ran an iv in him last night because he got dehydrated and couldn't keep anything down or even drink the pedialyte. I gave him a good dose of antibiotics and some kaopectate to help with his stomach. He vomited the kaopectate and all of the water he had drank up so he got some finnegran to help with the vomiting. He is up and playing and even ate some scrambled eggs this morning.

mark
Bay Dog

Me and my main strike dog and buddy(Slick)

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2011, 12:46:05 pm »

Hey man it sounds like cocidideous, it has the same signs as parvo and corona but it's a stomach virus , keep the pup hydrated and get some albon and omega fat mixture into him are her . It may take a couple of days but you can save the pup , but if left untreated it will be a slow ugly death
tmatt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 01:59:01 pm »

I have Albon, it just didn't look like cocidiosis at first. I will definitely look at that though.

M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 06:58:00 pm »

if he dont make it ill hook her up in march with a half brother. i hope he gets better.tell her dont give up on him

Monty Bennet
hoghunter71409
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2011, 07:12:16 pm »

How old is the pup and what did you use to worm the pup?  Also..what would you antipate the pups healty weight before getting sick?
tmatt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2011, 09:15:45 pm »

Ok Monty, I'll tell her. We have him in the nous and she has been checking on him and trying to get him to eat and drink like crazy. He has eaten a little for her, so we will see. I really hope he makes it too, I think he will make a hell of a dog if he does.

tmatt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2011, 09:20:31 pm »

He is right at 3mths and weighed about15 lbs. I rotate between Strongid t and safeguard. I really don't think it is worms. I found out that a friend of mine lost two pups to something that showed the same symptoms.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: