April 28, 2024, 04:29:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Young hunter Needin help restartin  (Read 4300 times)
josh54
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: November 21, 2011, 10:03:39 pm »

I was forced to sell my start to a pack back in June due to a move and not havin anywhere to put them. Now tryin to get started again with almost no money due to havin a baby and bein married at 21. Really needed some help not lookin for a handout. I have a young lightly started dog to trade but need somethin solid to start off with to run younger dogs with. If anyone is in a position to help out i would appreciate it anythin help as i have little to nothin as of now. My phone dont work right so can only text but number is 3252809006 email is josh541990@yahoo.com but rarely check. Or pm here. Thanks in advance happy huntin

hog doggin is not a sport....its a way of life!!!!
tmatt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 10:13:04 pm »

Instead of asking for someone to trade their finished dog for a started dog why not just ask if someone will let you run your young dog/dogs with their pack.

Be who you are and say what you mean because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.
NechesBobcat
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 10:23:04 pm »

I've been huntin' over 20 years and I'm not sure I've ever hunted with anything solid. Don't know anyone that has got into hunting without starting at the bottom.

Some people call it damage... I call it hog sign.
josh54
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 10:37:56 pm »

In not Askin for a finished dog i said i need help wasnt specific just thought id give it a shot i have a lightly started one i just dont have anythin to run her with if worked right she should turn out real good and ive tried huntin with others just dont have money to travel and not many round here willin to let me go other then other youngsters that only want me to pay to go and not bring dogs wouldnt ask unless i needed help cuz as a man id really rather not admit i need help and if i hadnt tried other ways unsuccessfully i wouldnt ever be puttin this out there

BDizz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 10:59:08 pm »

I live in early. Don't have much land up around there but we do come to cross plains a few times a year. You'd be more than welcome to join us. We hunt a lot more in gorman area and closeer to early/Brownwood area.

"may God bless and keep you always, may you always do for others and let others do for you"
josh54
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 01:04:40 am »

I appreciate that id love to long as im not workin pm your info if you dont mind

BIG BEN
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2011, 06:26:18 am »

Not to sound like an a$$ but being 21 just married with a baby sounds like you need to worry more about getting a decent job to take care of your young family, then worry about getting you some more dogs. I was married at 18 had my 2nd child at 21 and the only thing on my mind back then was $$$$$$$$$, after that getting into whatever i wanted to was a whole lot easier having the money and security of a good job.

hunt em hard, give em no excuses, and cull harder!!!!!
"Rather have a sister in a whore house than spots on a dog"
"Pretty is as pretty does"- BigO
chads7376
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2011, 07:22:50 am »

Not to sound like an a$$ but being 21 just married with a baby sounds like you need to worry more about getting a decent job to take care of your young family, then worry about getting you some more dogs. I was married at 18 had my 2nd child at 21 and the only thing on my mind back then was $$$$$$$$$, after that getting into whatever i wanted to was a whole lot easier having the money and security of a good job.

x2
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 09:17:20 am »

x2
exactly right sell the started dog you have use that money to FIND A JOB . then when you have your situation stable . get you some dogs and get back to hunting . the hogs will still be there .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
curdawgs
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 10:16:33 am »

I dont think he was asking for help on how to raise and support his family but on how to get a pack started and do some hunting. Broke folks hunt too!

Congrats on your new child and young family.

Matthew 6:33 Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you!
curdawgs
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2011, 10:17:51 am »

I appreciate that id love to long as im not workin pm your info if you dont mind

Sound like he's got a job too!

Matthew 6:33 Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you!
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2011, 10:42:16 am »

it takes alot of money up keeping dogs and huntin . new family . need to focus on the priority's is all i think we was sayin . and like i said them hogs is allways gonna be there  . i quit huntin myself when i had a new baby and a family to support [years ago ] and got all my ducks in a row then got back at it . just seems like every young man is in a hurry these days . relax take your time it will all come together . work that young dog on some mock hunts and drags . start from the begining and enjoy it , just a little advice from an old man . no differant than i'd tell my own kids . family first all else as it comes to ya . i started with itty bitty puppy's didn't know nary a hog hunter and look at me now . i worked them dogs till i thought they was ready and me and them went at it . whats the rush ?

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
BDizz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2011, 11:00:52 am »

Every man should have his hobby. Even if its just once a month. It's eases a lot of stress. I'm 21 and in school, I can still manage to keep a couple dogs around, it ain't that bad.

"may God bless and keep you always, may you always do for others and let others do for you"
curdawgs
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2011, 11:01:33 am »

it takes alot of money up keeping dogs and huntin . new family . need to focus on the priority's is all i think we was sayin . and like i said them hogs is allways gonna be there  . i quit huntin myself when i had a new baby and a family to support [years ago ] and got all my ducks in a row then got back at it . just seems like every young man is in a hurry these days . relax take your time it will all come together . work that young dog on some mock hunts and drags . start from the begining and enjoy it , just a little advice from an old man . no differant than i'd tell my own kids . family first all else as it comes to ya . i started with itty bitty puppy's didn't know nary a hog hunter and look at me now . i worked them dogs till i thought they was ready and me and them went at it . whats the rush ?

True

curdawgs
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, 11:02:34 am »

Every man should have his hobby. Even if its just once a month. It's eases a lot of stress. I'm 21 and in school, I can still manage to keep a couple dogs around, it ain't that bad.

Man, Im not 21 but i remember when I was, my dad told me it was very important to have some hobby and man was he right!

3Whoghunter
Alpha Dog

who wants to hunt

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2011, 12:01:25 pm »

Im 24 been going with dogs since I was 7. I had my first dog when I was 16 went from there. I had my lil girl when I was 21 I had a good job but still took about a year break. Its 2 years back in for me and im still struggling and being patient on everything its hard because I want what I had before. Its real hard not to rush into things. Just ask yourself what you really want and are you sure that's what you want

LEG EM! LEG EM!!
josh54
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 08:30:41 pm »

Thanks for your concern but ive had a job since i was in 5th grade and have a great one now. Just Needin help gettin started as all my extra cash goes towards my daughter. Im perfectly capable of takin care of my family. Thanks again and thanks for the Congrats.

BDizz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2011, 11:14:47 pm »

I dont think he was asking for help on how to raise and support his family but on how to get a pack started and do some hunting. Broke folks hunt too!

Congrats on your new child and young family.

Thinkin the same thing!

co
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 12:23:10 am »

took the words out of my mouth
TeJaShOgSlAyER
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2011, 05:06:28 am »

You can come n hunt with me n "Bdizz" anytime buddy! We some broke boys but are dogs get fed wormed and get damn good care anytime they are sick or hurt! And we still get our bills paid. We know what kinda of situation in and it sucks getting started! So shoot me a pm with you info n we will def hook up on a hunt!

His legacy is rodeo and Cowboy is his name!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: