March 29, 2024, 05:27:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How much do you get for your hogs?  (Read 3576 times)
treeingratterrier
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« on: November 25, 2011, 12:03:56 pm »

It changes as much as every day. You have to call them but the price is what it is when you get the pigs there not when you call. Pork prices change a lot. That is why the McRib comes and goes. When prices drop McDonald's buys pork when it goes up they don't. They change enough to make pork a traded commodity. The price also changes by region so different places will pay more or less. If they have enough pork they will drop prices so they can ship it to an area that is low. It comes down to supply and demand. So you may want to find a few places and call them when you have some to sell for the prices that day. It may be porth driving a few extra miles.

Dear freind, you are misinformed if you think the price of domestic hogs is tied to the price of wild hogs at a buying station.  There are no wild hogs being used for human use unless it is labeled wild boar.  There is only one processor in texas, Divine, there used to be another one in Ingram but i think it shut down, all of the buying stations are agents of Divine wild game processing or what ever its name is legally.  They buy wild hogs for shippping to overseas markets especially europe to be sold as wild boar, the swine flu outbreak crashed the wild hog meat market in europe even though hogs dont have anything to do with swine flu outbreak.  The hog buying stations are all the same buyer, some with no competion offer low prices, some with competition pay more, its a iffy type operation as they change up the prices they have listed and dont update them,  I have never heard of any buying station overpaying anybody but for sure you can get below the going rate if you dont know what they paid the last guy.  Its a shame all of the hog hunters dont get together and boycott them or start up a coop and sell hogs once a month and let them big for them instead of allways paying low prices no matter what they are getting for the hogs in the end, have you ever googled wild boar meat for sale on ebay or the web??  its usually about $15 a pound or somewhere close, so go figure that out, buy for 40 cents, pay 20 cents to cut and wrap a 200 pound hog $120 they got in the hog for cost, they sell 120 pounds of boned out meat from a 200 pound hog for $15 a pound times $120 equals $1800lol  Pretty good spread i would say, of course they have overhead, shrink wrapping and packaging and boxing up a container to France or some market of fancy restruants, its a shame somebody does not get a SBA loan to buy and process the hogs in there own custom exotic meat market and smokehouse, i think i saw wild boar on th emenu in france for like $40 a plate or so, its very high where it ends up.

Rat Terriers aka fiests  black white tans, solid black and tans,  solid red,  ratting, squirrel  varmit stock from ranch raised varmit dogs, 10 to 30 pounds  www.crossbowtexas.com (for sale)    www.imageevent.com/treeingratterrier
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: