March 28, 2024, 02:25:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How much do you get for your hogs?  (Read 3573 times)
bucsniper
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2011, 09:37:49 am »

Simply stated how much. i get like 20,30 dollars a piece and for trophys i get about a 100. im lookin for a bulk buyer, any suggestions.
TColt
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 09:47:49 am »

Go to one of the many Buyin stations around the state, they pay by the pound not the trophy.

Taylor Colt Christian- TDHA member
http://tdha.org/

Support our sport!
bucsniper
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 09:58:18 am »

how much you reckon a pound?
dub
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 10:30:41 am »

It changes as much as every day. You have to call them but the price is what it is when you get the pigs there not when you call. Pork prices change a lot. That is why the McRib comes and goes. When prices drop McDonald's buys pork when it goes up they don't. They change enough to make pork a traded commodity. The price also changes by region so different places will pay more or less. If they have enough pork they will drop prices so they can ship it to an area that is low. It comes down to supply and demand. So you may want to find a few places and call them when you have some to sell for the prices that day. It may be porth driving a few extra miles.

"...A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself..." John Stuart Mill
3Whoghunter
Alpha Dog

who wants to hunt

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 10:51:06 am »

Depending on where your at they all over. Kosse,groesbeck,elm mott, gatesville,malone, sulphur springs even check craigslist. I sell to my cousin he pays $70 for 130/175# anything above that I take else where for trophy bonus and 45. cents a pound

LEG EM! LEG EM!!
treeingratterrier
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 12:03:56 pm »

It changes as much as every day. You have to call them but the price is what it is when you get the pigs there not when you call. Pork prices change a lot. That is why the McRib comes and goes. When prices drop McDonald's buys pork when it goes up they don't. They change enough to make pork a traded commodity. The price also changes by region so different places will pay more or less. If they have enough pork they will drop prices so they can ship it to an area that is low. It comes down to supply and demand. So you may want to find a few places and call them when you have some to sell for the prices that day. It may be porth driving a few extra miles.

Dear freind, you are misinformed if you think the price of domestic hogs is tied to the price of wild hogs at a buying station.  There are no wild hogs being used for human use unless it is labeled wild boar.  There is only one processor in texas, Divine, there used to be another one in Ingram but i think it shut down, all of the buying stations are agents of Divine wild game processing or what ever its name is legally.  They buy wild hogs for shippping to overseas markets especially europe to be sold as wild boar, the swine flu outbreak crashed the wild hog meat market in europe even though hogs dont have anything to do with swine flu outbreak.  The hog buying stations are all the same buyer, some with no competion offer low prices, some with competition pay more, its a iffy type operation as they change up the prices they have listed and dont update them,  I have never heard of any buying station overpaying anybody but for sure you can get below the going rate if you dont know what they paid the last guy.  Its a shame all of the hog hunters dont get together and boycott them or start up a coop and sell hogs once a month and let them big for them instead of allways paying low prices no matter what they are getting for the hogs in the end, have you ever googled wild boar meat for sale on ebay or the web??  its usually about $15 a pound or somewhere close, so go figure that out, buy for 40 cents, pay 20 cents to cut and wrap a 200 pound hog $120 they got in the hog for cost, they sell 120 pounds of boned out meat from a 200 pound hog for $15 a pound times $120 equals $1800lol  Pretty good spread i would say, of course they have overhead, shrink wrapping and packaging and boxing up a container to France or some market of fancy restruants, its a shame somebody does not get a SBA loan to buy and process the hogs in there own custom exotic meat market and smokehouse, i think i saw wild boar on th emenu in france for like $40 a plate or so, its very high where it ends up.

Rat Terriers aka fiests  black white tans, solid black and tans,  solid red,  ratting, squirrel  varmit stock from ranch raised varmit dogs, 10 to 30 pounds  www.crossbowtexas.com (for sale)    www.imageevent.com/treeingratterrier
dub
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2011, 01:07:57 pm »

I was using domestic pork as a comparison. The markets are separate but comparable. I figure wild boar is closer to pork than beef. But either way the price changes without warning and different places pay different prices. Sorry for not being clear.

"...A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself..." John Stuart Mill
bucsniper
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011, 01:36:59 pm »

Well i live in florida but i find it very interesting you guys have buying stations in texas but we havnt had one in over 10 years. And even then it was just one.
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2011, 01:37:07 pm »

i never heard of divine . but i have heard of bell tex wich is a division of frontier meats in ft worth . they have control of most the buying stations in northeast texas and they are fair people to deal with . i have boaned out plenty and you might get 100lbs of good meat off a 200lb boar . you can contact danny starns at frontier meats in ft worth at 817-624-1136 and get a currant price it's based on the hogs weight differant sizes differant price per pound star at a minnimum of 80lbs now if i'm not mistaken . where you located sniper ?

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2011, 01:37:46 pm »

never mind sniper you posted same time i did .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
bucsniper
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2011, 01:42:40 pm »

can just anyone go into these places or do you have to have a card or something? i may have to move to texas.
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2011, 01:47:15 pm »

yeah any body . they are kinda fussy bout dog caught hogs . some dogs mess em up pretty good . i used to catch em and keep em till they healed up then sell em . i'll call my buyer later and post up current prices . after he gets off work tonight .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
bucsniper
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2011, 01:50:50 pm »

allright good deal half breed.
hogaholicswife
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2011, 02:06:37 pm »

Have you tried asking Lee L. in Okeechobee?  He told my husband a few months back he would take many meat hogs as he could get and I think there is a guy in Palm Beach looking for a bunch of meat sized hogs as long as they aren't torn up.
treeingratterrier
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2011, 02:31:21 pm »

can just anyone go into these places or do you have to have a card or something? i may have to move to texas.

Anybody can go in it but there are rules on moving texas hogs and what sex etc etc that were posted up the other day, they dont buy every hog that comes in last time i messed with them, so if you have underweight sows and haul them back to the ranch or somewhere else you are in violation of the hog law if you ever get stopped and asked for paperwork from somebody who actually knows the law and can write one up legally for violations??  That other post about belltex makes sense buying because i could never figure out where you guys up in north texas sold hogs and how they came out hauling down to san antonio the freight and stress would be a killer for sure, looks like there are 2 buyers in texas then, Divine and belltex??  Wonder if Belltex slaughters the hogs in fort worth and ships them or just kills them and sells to divne after they are boxed, usually a hog produces 50 per cent of its live weight or better as a rule.  Anybody have a website to see of Belltex sells wild processed boar meat online or does it all go out of state??  What about Florida, sounds like it is illegal to sell the meat or somebody would have know about selling them in Florida and what they pay for them?

Rat Terriers aka fiests  black white tans, solid black and tans,  solid red,  ratting, squirrel  varmit stock from ranch raised varmit dogs, 10 to 30 pounds  www.crossbowtexas.com (for sale)    www.imageevent.com/treeingratterrier
Hawkins
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2011, 02:55:44 pm »

Current price from my local hog buyer

Example. 99x.20cents per pound = $19.80

hogaholicswife
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2011, 03:02:16 pm »

Anybody can go in it but there are rules on moving texas hogs and what sex etc etc that were posted up the other day, they dont buy every hog that comes in last time i messed with them, so if you have underweight sows and haul them back to the ranch or somewhere else you are in violation of the hog law if you ever get stopped and asked for paperwork from somebody who actually knows the law and can write one up legally for violations??  That other post about belltex makes sense buying because i could never figure out where you guys up in north texas sold hogs and how they came out hauling down to san antonio the freight and stress would be a killer for sure, looks like there are 2 buyers in texas then, Divine and belltex??  Wonder if Belltex slaughters the hogs in fort worth and ships them or just kills them and sells to divne after they are boxed, usually a hog produces 50 per cent of its live weight or better as a rule.  Anybody have a website to see of Belltex sells wild processed boar meat online or does it all go out of state??  What about Florida, sounds like it is illegal to sell the meat or somebody would have know about selling them in Florida and what they pay for them?

Doesn't the meat have to be USDA inspected if it is sold for retail?  I do not know of anyone personally but someone I work with in Deerfield says there is a market in Miami that touts 'wild boar meat' from Florida but I do not know where they are getting it from.  That is why it was new to me that you could donate the meat to soup kitchens because if they were to get sick from improper 'cleaning' then the person that sold/donated it could be held responsible.
bucsniper
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2011, 03:14:07 pm »

Have you tried asking Lee L. in Okeechobee?  He told my husband a few months back he would take many meat hogs as he could get and I think there is a guy in Palm Beach looking for a bunch of meat sized hogs as long as they aren't torn up.
do you have lee's number? i will surely call him.
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2011, 03:25:57 pm »

night bell tex procceces all their hogs at there plant [frontier meats ] and they package it for retail and over seas . they sell it here for resturants and sausage making joints when i went to work for texas best smokehouse we made sausage out of the hams . and it is fda inspected. i used to donate plenty to the food banks just like prossed deer no fda inspt. needed on most places . southern game is who used to be in san antonio but they went under when the overseas market crashed i guess divine took over there bizz, souther had a bunch of buy stations up here . and i would emagine divine has as well i think just up north of me is one . compatition keeps the prices up it's a good thing .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
hogaholicswife
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2011, 03:34:29 pm »

do you have lee's number? i will surely call him.

PM Sent
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: