April 19, 2024, 01:36:26 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Martin's Flea, Tick, and Mange Dip  (Read 2912 times)
dabutcher
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2009, 03:21:58 pm »

i ran out of Bayer Adv. Tree and Shrub and haven't been able to find it anywhere.  i've got 2 pups that are starting to get fleas again, so i bought this Martin's. it has 3.2% permethrin and says not for use on pups younger than 12weeks.  i have one pup that's right on the border of 12 weeks old and is one of the ones starting to show signs of fleas again.

my question is:  Couldn't i dilute the solution a little more and be able to use it on the pup?  It should be 11-12 weeks old but she's my pride and joy and i don't want to chance it but she needs some relief.

any suggestions or help??
Dexter
Hog Master

Confetti Catahoulas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 07:50:18 pm »

for a quick fix you can use plain ole dawn dish washing liquid,,a handful suds her up  working it around for about 5 minutes
then rinse the soap and fleas off
        Dexter

Confetti Catahoulas
Skip A Rope Catahoulas
skip_a_rope_catahoulas@yahoo.com  confetti_catahoulas@yahoo.com
dabutcher
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2009, 10:08:02 pm »

for a quick fix you can use plain ole dawn dish washing liquid,,a handful suds her up  working it around for about 5 minutes
then rinse the soap and fleas off
        Dexter

i did that already but i don't know when i'll be able to find the bayer again.  every place i looked had the tree & shrub w/ fertilizer.  i tried Wal-Mart, Lowe's, TSC, Home Depot, and my local co-op.  they all had bayer products but it was the one with the dang fertilizer in it.  i'm just gonna probably order it online but i need something for the time being.  i bought it yesterday and i talked to Mr. Mason and he said diluting it and use it sparingly should tide me over til i get the Bayer again in a week or so.

it said you can use it in the pen too so i mixed it up after i sprayed the pups and then sprayed the pen down too.  this should help me out for sure. 

i'll let ya'll know if this stuff actually works.  it took 1.5 gallons to saturate a 40x60ft pen.  and the container makes 8 gallons and it cost me $10 w/ tax included. hopefully it'll work.
shawn
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 04:14:20 pm »

hey debutcher, try the gordons tree and shrub, it has the same active ingredient and is a couple bucks cheaper, should be able to find it Tractor supply or Atwoods. Plus they sell it without the fertilizer

dabutcher
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 10:36:55 pm »

i ordered the bayers online..... should be here pretty soon.

to anyone else reading this.  DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THE MARTIN'S, IT DOESN'T WORK NEARLY AS WELL AS THE BAYER'S. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: