April 19, 2024, 02:10:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 320 birds eye view  (Read 1351 times)
reatj81
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2011, 12:43:18 pm »

I ordered a 320 & 2 dc40 collars.  With this birds eye view will I need to get the map card? 
ARhogdogs
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 03:35:51 pm »

The mapcard will tell you the street names, rivers, creeks just like it did in the 220 just on top of a satellite image. If you don't have the mapcard you will see the rivers creeks pipelines, they will be satellite image instead of a defined line with a name on it. I have the mapcard and birdseye on mine. Can't beat it. The only thing I was dissapointed about was that all the descriptions of the 320 were that it has birdseye then when I get it in, you have to buy an annual subscription to actually use the birdseye. Hope this helps.
HOGDOGGERSPC
Strike Dog

[IMG]http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w425/MATT

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 06:53:46 pm »

I BOUGHT THE 320 AND THEN BOUGHT THE CARD AT A STORE AND DOWNLOADED THE SUBSCRIPTION.  I SWEAT WHEN I READ SO I HAD A HARD TIME TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT BEFORE I GOT IT RIGHT.  THERE IS A 800 NUMBER ON THE WEBSITE YOU CAN CALL FOR TECH SUPPORT.  THEY WERE VERY GOOD AND WALKED MY ELECTRONICALLY CHALLENGED SELF THRU THE PROCESS.   GOOD LUCK.  320 IS AWESOME THOUGH.

DOGS UP HOGS DOWN!!!
mod93dirt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 08:54:46 pm »

I just got the 320 a few weeks ago, and I paid to download the birdseye. With the little bit that I have used it so far, the birdseye is a very cool feature. The only downside I find to the birdseye is when selecting an area to download in the basecamp program, it is kind of hard to highlight exactly the area you want without downloading a bunch of other land I will never be on. However, last night, I just downloaded the free topo map that is posted on here, and I think that will make it much easier to highlight the area that I want to download in Birdseye while in the basecap program. Also, with the basecamp program, the topo map and birdseye overlay one another, which is  especially sweet. Sometime this week I plan to get around to downloading the topo to my 320, then I should have the best of both worlds.

Garmin advertises the birdeye subscription for $29.99, but for what ever reason when I downloaded it, it rang up at $19.99. For either price I still think its a good deal. I have to imagine I will have most all of my hunting grounds downloaded within the years subscription time, and from the way I understand it, items already downloaded don't expire after the year is up.

Show me a good loser and I will show you A loser!!
mod93dirt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 09:31:00 pm »

Just got done downloading the eastern half of OK on my 320 with a free map. Super easy and super cool!!

TColt
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 09:29:27 am »

So you have to download individual sections of satellite image? You can't just download the state of texas or somethin like that?

Taylor Colt Christian- TDHA member
http://tdha.org/

Support our sport!
mod93dirt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 12:16:24 pm »

I suppose you could zoom the map out and highlight the whole state to download. I imagine that would take forever to load though, as it has taken awhile just to download the little bits that I have. Don't know how much memory that would use either. So far I have just loaded areas that I know I will be hunting.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: