March 29, 2024, 03:18:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: need some info  (Read 1419 times)
big hog doggin
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2009, 09:09:25 pm »

there has been a sow behind my house eating at my feeder every night at 8 .so i put my trap down there buy it. and the hog will eat the corn under the feeder but wont go in the trap.ive tried soured corn,regular corn ,frosted flakes and big red mix up.i orderd some black gold to put in there but if it doesnt work does any one have any suggestions
cowcountryhogdogger
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 10:02:42 pm »

If she's comin in to the feeder to eat the corn, try stoppin the feeder and keep the corn in the trap.  Had it work sometimes and sometimes not...worth a try anyway

cool ain't cheap and cheap ain't cool
TDHA member
Rafter R Custom Leather
jdt
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2009, 11:16:27 am »

wai till bigl s pup is going good    then invite him out for supper!!!
Jon Delcore
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 03:33:24 pm »

Hey dont know what kinda trap you have if it is portable when I have that problem I stand my traps up put a rod from the trap to the ground then a wire across the trap close to one end tie a wire then from your wire on your trap to the rod and bait all around the wire that runs across the trap. Make sure you set the trap where then wind wont blow it down and the hog can trip it. I wouldn't turn my feeder off but I might only feed just for a sec or so. If she is getting used to the trap being there and your turn the feeder off then she might look other places to feed but if you give her a little bit and then she is not ready to stop eating. If you have any questions let me know I will try to explain better.
slimpickins
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2009, 08:09:03 am »

Place a trap underneath the feeder, and put a 5 gallon bucket around spinner to keep corn from slinging, so that it will drop straight down into trap.
The feeder is what is bringing her in, so use it. If she wants corn, and the only corn available is inside the trap, problem solved.

Pro-Staff @ Wild Boar USA
www.wildboarusa.com
"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading!" unknown
Bacon is a vegetable!
slimpickins
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 08:10:16 am »

Or build a pen trap around the feeder, if you have enough room.

Pro-Staff @ Wild Boar USA
www.wildboarusa.com
"Peace is that brief, glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading!" unknown
Bacon is a vegetable!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: