April 20, 2024, 04:43:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great hunt with my Uncle Fred (pics)  (Read 1546 times)
djhogdogger
Hog Doom

Dinah Psencik from Dayton Tx.

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2011, 05:59:36 pm »

We had the pleasure of taking my uncle Fred who is retired from the military on a hunt with us last night. He is my mom's little brother. He drove to Dayton all the way from South Padre to spend the weekend hunting with us. He has hunted all of his life but has never hunted with dogs.

We headed out at 9pm to our usual spot and casted the dogs in several different areas. We were driving down a road between two fields and my Uncle Fred spotted a dark mass moving across the field. At about the same time, the dogs lit up. We turned Foot, Red, Sweet Pea and Camo loose and they disappeared into the dark.

The next thing we know the big dark mass is running down the road right towards us.  Shocked James flipped the lights on and a big hog was in a dead run heading right for us! When he saw the lights, he took a hard right and all of the dogs were gaining on him quick.

We all took off in the direction that the hog took. When we rounded the corner, the dogs had him spinning in the middle of the road. But he was right on the edge of a canal. James turned the cd loose and bam, he was caught....except he was caught on the side of the canal, heading down in it.

James, our son Tyler and Fred each grabbed a back leg and the tail. They were all pulling as hard as they could but the hog was inching further down in the canal with every moment. I ran and got the four wheeler and while the guys held on the the hog for dear life, I put the winch cable around its flank and pulled it up on the bank.

I think that my uncle is hooked for life.  Cheesy We are going again tonight so maybe I will have more to post in the morning.  Grin

Tyler, James and Fred

Me, James and Fred

Tyler

James, Tyler and Fred  Oh and the hog weighed 260lbs.

A television can insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
treeingratterrier
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 06:40:53 pm »

Wow sounds crazy for sure, I see all that mud on those tires, was the canal muddy and what was in it if you guys had lost the hog tug of war???  If that hog had got down in it.......Great story and what a first hunt for yalls kinfolks! Be hard to top that for a first hunt, hope he mounts it or something.

Rat Terriers aka fiests  black white tans, solid black and tans,  solid red,  ratting, squirrel  varmit stock from ranch raised varmit dogs, 10 to 30 pounds  www.crossbowtexas.com (for sale)    www.imageevent.com/treeingratterrier
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 06:45:02 pm »

nice hog d and j....

www.peachcreekcatahoulas.com

Victor dog food dealer. Cleveland Texas
skunkhounds
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 06:56:32 pm »

thats a nice one

Let's make a round
djhogdogger
Hog Doom

Dinah Psencik from Dayton Tx.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 06:58:08 pm »

Wow sounds crazy for sure, I see all that mud on those tires, was the canal muddy and what was in it if you guys had lost the hog tug of war???  If that hog had got down in it.......Great story and what a first hunt for yalls kinfolks! Be hard to top that for a first hunt, hope he mounts it or something.

First I would like to say thank you.  Smiley  The canals were empty but we have had enough rain to make the bottom of them a-hole deep in mud. LOL If the hog would have won the tug of war, he wasnt' going far because the dogs were on his head, but we would have had to get wet and muddy and it was too cold for that.  Grin

Thank you Travis.  Smiley

A television can insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
firemedic
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 08:22:34 am »

That's awful nice of you and James to take your uncle on a hunt Dinah,.....he'll never forget that. I hope y'all have a good hunt next time.....maybe Fred will get in to the dog business.....you never know! Cheesy

It's easy to judge the character of a man,....by how he treats those that can do nothing for him.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: