April 17, 2024, 08:49:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida cur, Cracker cur, Southern Cur, Florida hog hunting in general history?  (Read 49873 times)
Circle S kennels
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 09, 2013, 10:20:25 am »

Toyota Todd she looks good but her color is changing a lot since she left my yard!

Here is my female she is going to big on the bigger side like her sire and I think yours is going to be like her dam on the smaller side

Circle S kennels
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 09, 2013, 10:29:56 am »

Uh oh...don't know what happened there? Second try

Circle S kennels
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2013, 10:30:57 am »

I give up! Turn ur computer upside down for a better view
toyotatodd
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 09, 2013, 11:18:09 am »

I really like the way that dog you have is turning out.  Mine is getting pretty tall, I think she will pass up my other cur for sure.  Was hoping for her to start filling out some more but it don't look like she is.  Been feedin her plenty and she don't keep much weight on.  For size refrence, the tennis ball in the pic is one of those big tennis balls, probably 5-6inches.  How many total did you keep out of that litter, 2?  Mine does act a little on the skittsh side.  She is getting better, hopefully something she will grow out of.  Not sure how she is going to do with the rest of my dogs, they all catch unless its too big.  Even then alot of the time they will try, then bay if they can't.  Not this weekend but next weekend i'm gonna start working with her as much as I can.  She's only seen a hog a couple times, just don't wanna over due it until shes ready.  Keep me posted on how yours turn out when you start huntin her.  Anymore litters planned this year?
Circle S kennels
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 09, 2013, 01:58:37 pm »

When you start her run her by herself with just one good older finished dog that has no bad habits and she should do just fine! The blood is there on both parents sides.... Sire a lot rougher than dam but she should do good! I have mine in the woods twice now and she has stayed with her sire hunting all day long, we got on three hogs Sunday all too big for just the two of them, we were in gulf hammock and a lot of people have been running them with hounds lately so them hogs have there NIKES on right now!!!!! They tried all three of them but couldn't hold them more than 30 seconds and they broke and ended up running them between two to three miles on each different hog. Not a good thing to build confidence in a young dog but I am working on that! I need to find a good hunting buddy that has a good finished dog that I can run some younger dogs with because my main dog is over 8 years old now and is starting to become a push over on big hogs, and these young dogs need to learn how to shut them down! Mine is baying good with another dog but hasn't got gritty enough because she hasn't been exposed enough yet... Will come with time, now that deer season is over and the hounds are put back up! As far as any expected litters go, I do not plan on breeding any until I need another dog. I don't breed to sell other people dogs. The pup that you got was from an accidental breeding and I did not want to keep all of them. I may breed the parents to your dog again once the dam proves her self as a completely finished dog but that depends on if he is still kicking then!! I would like to breed her back to some of marks blood but I don't believe that will happen Huh? And I had originally kept two different ones but I had to cull them for aggression reasons towards me and my youngins.... So I got that female back from a buddy that had got her and one of the males
woody13
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 15, 2014, 12:52:57 pm »

The past generations of my family grew up on ranches or worked on ranches, my grandfathers best friend was a ranch owner and bred real fl curs. I talked to him one day about dogs and as a lot of the other posters have said, he said ridgeback, bird dog, redbone, and he said a lot of ranchers would mix bulldog in once or twice to get a catchy trait, but then quit the bulldog breeding. Anyhow, like a lot of ranchers my grandfather bred to have a long range, cold nosed, gritty dog. He also bred for color. After the years he has come up with a line that is similar to the "foundation bmc" they are built basicly the same, but with a little broader chest. Every litter, I've been able to see and every pup comes out the exact same. They are all a creamy yellow dog with a white chest, and white feet, and a black mouth. How he gets the same colors in every litter, I still haven't figured out. But I do know they make the BEST hog dogs I've ever personally seen. They all start real early and listen extremely well. Good thing for me, the gentleman don't believe in selling dogs so I get free puppies whenever I need. The rest get picked up and brought to a ranch in Texas.
quickfire
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 28, 2014, 02:23:20 pm »

Some of the best I have seen lately are Old FL cur crossed up with bird dog. They look under ever blade of grass and are real gritty dogs.
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2015, 08:14:34 pm »

I know this post is old, I just read it for the first time, good reading! I was wondering if those dogs on that video of the hog wrangler are florida curs?

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Georgia-Hawgs
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 16, 2015, 08:45:40 pm »

Blew the dust off of a good bottle that time. 

Take your kids hunting and you wont have to hunt your kids
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2015, 09:08:36 pm »

Blew the dust off of a good bottle that time. 

for sure! i coulda kept reading into the night Smiley

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Florida Curdog
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 18, 2015, 01:04:51 pm »

The dogs on the hog wrangler videos are blackmouth & bulldog

Smiling like a killer
Florida Curdog
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2015, 01:06:35 pm »

Tyler Lee in north Florida ended up with that female Bonnie from the videos

Smiling like a killer
liefalwepon
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2015, 05:01:56 pm »

Tyler Lee in north Florida ended up with that female Bonnie from the videos

thank you! Ive been wondering that for years. in the comments under the vid on you tube everyone thinks they are pits. but they dont look it. mystery solved!

WHACK EM N STACK EM!!!
Florida Curdog
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 20, 2015, 09:36:54 pm »

No problem

Smiling like a killer
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: