April 29, 2024, 12:00:43 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your experience?  (Read 2271 times)
hillcountry
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 05:13:51 pm »

One gun one shooter. the only one to shoot around mydogs besides me is lionandboarhunter. and i do mean period if they dont like it they can stay home.

If your scared you can ride in my pocket.
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2011, 05:19:39 pm »

I tell them only I am carrying a gun. If that don't suit you stay home.

X2.  I told a friend that one time and his answer was "this is my spot to hunt your not tellin me what i can and cant do"  to which i asked him how he was gonna run dogs since he didnt own any, and left!
Hogsnatchers
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2011, 08:54:45 pm »

Thanks for all the replies and info Dang sure makes it an easy decision hearing some of the stories I can't believe someone would shoot a hog while your tying it up thats just plain careless....
Hogsnatchers
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2011, 09:15:28 pm »

Nm miss read about while you were tying dogs up but what's the point in shooting a tied hog some people really don't make any sense
Jared H.
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2011, 07:14:43 am »

To me carrying a pistol on a hunt doesn't have anything to do with being scared. If I was scared I wouldn't be there to begin with.  I carry one just in case my dogs get in a bind.  Rarely have to use it but if and when I do its to help out dogs that I have invested a lot of time into.  With that being said I would never let just anyone shoot around my dogs.  I'd have to trust them first and that trust don't come easy.

Jeremiah 16:16

There our two types of pain: The temporary pain of training or the permenant pain of failure. Choose wisely...
DoGgONit
Alpha Dog

423# scored 789.25 W.W.T.wieght class

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2011, 07:49:26 am »

i carry a 44 mag to back up my dogs . i have only shot it on a couple hunts .but when you need it there is no replacement!!!

Eric Edwards (512)-673-0843
email:  scumgenocide@yahoo.com
LIVIN THE DREAM!!
djhogdogger
Hog Doom

Dinah Psencik from Dayton Tx.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2011, 08:11:29 am »

To me carrying a pistol on a hunt doesn't have anything to do with being scared. If I was scared I wouldn't be there to begin with.  I carry one just in case my dogs get in a bind.  Rarely have to use it but if and when I do its to help out dogs that I have invested a lot of time into.  With that being said I would never let just anyone shoot around my dogs.  I'd have to trust them first and that trust don't come easy.

We always carry a gun too. Not only for out of control rogue hogs but you just never know what you may run into in the woods.  But we don't let people who are our guests carry a gun. We just don't want anyone getting excited and shooting amongst our dogs or ourselves.

A television can insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
Jared H.
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 08:28:08 am »

We always carry a gun too. Not only for out of control rogue hogs but you just never know what you may run into in the woods.  But we don't let people who are our guests carry a gun. We just don't want anyone getting excited and shooting amongst our dogs or ourselves.

I couldn't agree more. 

Jeremiah 16:16

There our two types of pain: The temporary pain of training or the permenant pain of failure. Choose wisely...
HOGDOGGERSPC
Strike Dog

[IMG]http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w425/MATT

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 09:53:38 pm »

dont bring a gun to a knife fight we want to keep it fair and square!!!!

DOGS UP HOGS DOWN!!!
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2011, 10:00:54 pm »

i carry one , and normaly i dont let anybody else. its just there in case we need it . but i dont let any body shoot over my dogs either.

Monty Bennet
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: