April 24, 2024, 08:34:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sore spots on ankles  (Read 1375 times)
hoss
Hog Dog Pup

Spring Vally Curs

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2009, 06:32:28 pm »

I have two dogs "black mouth curs" that have places on there ankles that look like where the chain has rubed. But fact is the chain is not rubbing. any ideas ? 

Donald B.
bayinman
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 07:56:42 pm »

i hav the same thing on a few of my dogs, i do think it is the chain,  sit and watch them from a distance so that they cant see u and i bet you will see that when the chain has slack in it, it rubbs them on the ankles!!

its bayin time!@!
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 09:20:31 am »

Hoss I had the same problem with gracie when she was in my yard so i kept her off the chain to let it heal and it made no difference for the two wks she was kennelled??? i don't know but when i was taking the time to inject DMSO from herbalremedies.com it seemed to help alot but i got lazy after about a week of that and it came back within 2 weeks. Thats DMSO is some amazing stuff and dirt cheap most people don't know about it unless they have been around horses- must cut with water to stop the burn
hoss
Hog Dog Pup

Spring Vally Curs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 10:10:34 am »

Thanks . I'll try it and see what comes of it . I was told it might be to much protien . But I will try any thing at this moment. My Bo pup out of Yeller and Graice is showing super star potential and I don't want any thing to slow him down.

Donald B.
WOOD
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 11:08:14 am »

I GOT A DOG THAT HAS SORES ALSO.  I HAVE TALKED WITH A LOT OF DOG PEOPLE ABOUT THIS AND TWO ANSWERS KEPT COMING UP, NOT ENOUGH PROTEIN AND THE WAY THEY LAY DOWN WILL RUB THEIR ANKLES.
KarieA
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 08:31:23 pm »

What is DMSO? What is it good for?

Gotta Luv It !!!!!
nosightsneeded
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 09:25:05 pm »

I have a gyp that has them on the out side of her ankles. i just took her off the chain cleaned them up and after 3 days they are looking great.
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 01:32:41 pm »

DMSO is almost good for everything its great if put on a wound initially and a few days after to greatly speed up the healing stops infection and acts like a cortical steroid without side-effects. its safe to pour on inject intra-muscular or venous and is even good when your dog is just sick or has ear aches etc. I have used in people for a variety of ailments but only on dogs for when they are cut down and ear infections. Be sure to mix it 50/50 with h2o to get rid of the exothermic reaction, once it cools down 5 min.s later it won't initially irritate the skin any more. tastes horrible but safe to drink- the fda made it illeagul and hush hushed its benefits a while back for humans b/c it was so effective and it was taking away money from big pharma-now its only legal use in the hospital is for some rare type of bladder or kikney infection- day to day use though its great for sore muscles and injuries-if interested you can read about the science behind it at GNC or send me a pm-DrG
hoss
Hog Dog Pup

Spring Vally Curs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 08:41:20 pm »

Thanks every one for you're advise.

Donald B.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: