March 28, 2024, 03:41:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi-Point .45acp carbine  (Read 1051 times)
wolfpen
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2012, 02:02:40 pm »

anybody own one?  any problems?

2 Kings 2:23-25
Jared H.
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 02:12:21 pm »

I've owned one Hi-Point before and from my experience all I can say is you get what you pay for.  Just my .02.

Jeremiah 16:16

There our two types of pain: The temporary pain of training or the permenant pain of failure. Choose wisely...
BRS
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 02:16:46 pm »

Never owned one but being a law enforcement major in college they tell us to stay away from hi point you get what you pay for and they won't let us use them in classes

Off the hood and on the run its bout to get fun
smarlowe
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 06:02:15 pm »

Had to chime in. I've had many hi points. Every caliber, I typically shoot springfield but I still own 3 hi points. I have never had a problem with any of them and I shoot a lot ! For the money they can't be beat ! They are gauranteed for life. And they do have a true gaurantee ! Meaning if they don't fix it they will replace it. I have 2 friends that are ffl dealers and they will say it too and they don't even have as good of profit margin on em as some guns. For the money they arte great !
TexasHogDogs
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2012, 06:55:08 pm »

I got one and I love mine!  As accurate as any Colt I have owned at a fraction of the price.  Never had one jam and if it did I would use it as a tire Iron ahahahahahaha!  Its fat heavy and bulky but it never has failed me .

The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
wolfpen
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2012, 08:12:18 pm »

i'm thinkin on gettin' one, because I got a whole ammo box full of .45 acp. and no 45

2 Kings 2:23-25
Jared H.
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2012, 08:21:04 pm »

i'm thinkin on gettin' one, because I got a whole ammo box full of .45 acp. and no 45
  I can send you my address and help you with that problem. Grin

Jeremiah 16:16

There our two types of pain: The temporary pain of training or the permenant pain of failure. Choose wisely...
thomas
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2012, 08:31:41 pm »

I have a buddy that has a hi point carbine in 40 cal. I've shot it a few times.i have no complaint but you can tell that are made cheap. Beretta makes a real nice carbine but the price is a considerable amount more.

Thomas Tubb
smarlowe
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 08:33:46 pm »

Wolfpen, gotta springfield xdm 45 for sale right now. Its in classifieds
Mississippi Hogger
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 05:12:27 am »

Ive got  a 9mm Hi-point that Ive used for a while and I like it very well . Had to shoot two mocassins last summer with it and it is very accurate to say the least . Both were head shots , one being very close and the other being 15 yards or so . I have target practiced at further distances and accuracy was still good . It seems to be made good and for no more money than I have in it I dont mind the thought of loosing it or getting it packed with mud .

" If your gonna be DUMB , you've got to be TUFF ! "
As for me and my house we will serve the LORD !
okboarhunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 05:49:56 am »

I've owned one Hi-Point before and from my experience all I can say is you get what you pay for.  Just my .02.

x2 i had one in 9 and 45 fun to shoot but i just plinked, didnt have faith in it to take hunting saved that for the ruger n glock
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: