April 19, 2024, 11:59:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Called in some coyotes and bobcats  (Read 3288 times)
Adam G
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2012, 09:23:01 pm »

I thought a few guys might enjoy these.  I have been a pretty passionate varmint hunter for a while now.  I have a really busy work schedule unfortunately but when I get a chance I like to do some varmint hunting this time of year mixed in with trying to catch a pig when i can.  There are a couple local varmint hunting competitions up here around north central Texas that we try to hunt.  We hunted in the Graham, TX hunt last weekend along with 80+ other teams.  We didn’t place but we did end up with the biggest cat (25 lbs) and second biggest yote (40 lbs).  Oh yeah, I might add these are calling competitions. 

Jonathan Barth
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2012, 02:11:51 pm »

Dang good job man that`s an impressive line of critters their Shocked what type of rifles or shotguns are ya`ll using?? My uncle is a big time coyote hunter and has some really awesome dogs, he hunts in Vt though.   

"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much."
                                              John Wayne.
Adam G
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2012, 07:07:41 pm »

Thank you.  I shoot my tack driver Remington Sendero 22-250.  Just using a good ole Mossberg 12 gauge shooting 3" T shot on the scattergun. 
Black Hog 69
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 04:30:58 pm »

Nice haul!! Very nice cat!!!! Grin

If ya cant catchem alive leave em alone !!!!!!!!
Hawkins
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 12:11:44 pm »

Nice haul, we hunted Graham too. We got 4 coyotes and a coon. Lost a cat and another yote, then the wind picked up, and calling got tough.
RedHill Hog Hunts
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 01:28:39 pm »

Have a good varmit rifle for sale if anyone is interested. R-15 with 24in flutted barrel and max 4hd camouflage. Has picatiny rail with scoop and mounts. Have standard 5 round mag and after market 30rd mag. Also comes with a hard carry case. Gun has been shot less than 75 times. Can send pics if interested
Adam G
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 02:14:59 pm »

Nice haul, we hunted Graham too. We got 4 coyotes and a coon. Lost a cat and another yote, then the wind picked up, and calling got tough.

I figured their might be a couple guys on here that did varmint hunts.  4 yotes is good anyday!!  Im gonna miss the February hunt because i have to work but we are going to hunt the Henrietta hunt on Feb 11&12.  Its usually pretty good and not so many Ringers like Graham. 
Hawkins
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 04:14:41 pm »

Is that the hunt that you sign up Friday and start Saturday morning and end at midnight? Those straight 24 hour hunts wear me out. The midnight deal sounds nice.
Adam G
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 09:15:33 pm »

Is that the hunt that you sign up Friday and start Saturday morning and end at midnight? Those straight 24 hour hunts wear me out. The midnight deal sounds nice.

Micah-Your exactly right.  Check in friday night (you can mail in your money if you want) and hunting starts at daylight saturday morning.  You hunt all day and into the night.  You have to stop hunting at midnight.  Then check in at 10:00am sunday morning.  Its been a good hunt in the years past and usually the guy that puts it on gets the polygraph sponsored.  Holler at me if you have any questions. 
BigNoseKate
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 07:51:04 am »

Looks like ya'll had a good time!!

Look like a girl, act like a lady, think like a man and work like a dog
BDizz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 06:11:50 pm »

Good night! We hunted in the stephenville hunt last weekend and stood 4th with 4 cats, 2 dogs, and 2 greys.

"may God bless and keep you always, may you always do for others and let others do for you"
driller1987
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 08:19:37 pm »

Nice kill

Get them back legs or get out of the way!!!!!!
Black Hog 69
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 09:28:49 pm »

x2

Adam G
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2012, 08:54:04 pm »

Good night! We hunted in the stephenville hunt last weekend and stood 4th with 4 cats, 2 dogs, and 2 greys.

Sounds like a good hunt to me!! Sometimes i wish we had greys around here and sometimes not so much. 
Black Hog 69
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2012, 08:57:58 pm »

never hunted coyotes

Miller Lite
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 08:42:18 am »

man every year someone shoots a bobcat off my lease an i never get to see one or i did he was sneaky .. we got a lot of yotes i see bunches of them bow huntin but never in range ... that looks like fun

Can you skin griz. pilgrim
riverbottomhoghunter
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 04:57:08 pm »

dang were yall hunt at                nice

JESUS, WAYLON, HANK. WILLIE, JOHNNY, MERLE
curdogs3006
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2012, 04:31:24 am »

Very nice hunt. Would like some day to tag along with you guys and go catch some of those cats with my patts and jagds pups.

GOIN AFTER THE BIG ONE "COME ON"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: