Well, I haven't been posting many hunts lately because I can't post pics from my phone, and Trenton won't refrain from making rude comments when I don't put pics with the story.

Anyway, Jake and Jonathan and I went last thursday night, and after Jake got done falling in the creek and got changed into some dry clothes we went to another place and I put Red and a pup on the ground, Jake put a couple pups down and Jonathan put one in. Red struck and ran about .75 and came back when they crossed a big creek that was carrying a lot of water. When we went back through where he struck, he left out the other direction and worked for nearly an hour, baying and breaking, looping around and trying to get something figured out. He came bayed and the pups went to him and caught a boar in some of the nastiest briars I have had to catch one in, and we called it a night.
Last night Jake and I took Lew Jones who is down from Ketucky, to the other side of the same place we went last Thursday. I put LJ and a pup down and Jake put a couple young dogs down. We parked and walked about 100 yd and LJ bayed at about 250 yd. We caught a small sow there and by the time I had her tied, LJ was bayed at 350. We caught that sow in the creek and left Lew with the cds and hog and went back for the 4 wheelers. We got 20 yd from them and one of Jakes dogs started baying. He said it was trash until we smelled boar hog and all the dogs were hammering. It broke and we ended up baying another boar about 70 yd away. I hollered for Lew to send a cd which he did from where he was at about 350 yd. He sent Jake's pit bitch Edith that I gave him and she came in and did work. LJ rolled off and bayed at 950 so we started dragging hogs out so we could get them untied before their feet lost circulation. About the time we gott them loaded LJ came back and we called it a night.
It was a pleasure hunting with Lew, and after he had my cd for an hour she had manners she has never had before! The man knows dogs, and I enjoyed learning some things from him and hearing some good stories.
I was really proud of LJ, he is just 2 yrs old and making a fine dog in my opinion. Sorry for the lack of pics, I know Jake got some, maybe he can make his ethd debut and post some up.
