April 24, 2024, 08:44:26 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Small Hogs  (Read 2348 times)
Sean
Administrator
Boar Slayer

"You get that on video??", "..umm....well...."

View Profile WWW
« on: January 10, 2008, 04:23:54 pm »

Okay, I've been so busy with other stuff that I've been slacking on the video posting. So to start with, here are some smaller pigs we have caught here recently. enjoy...
12-23-07

1-05-08

nothing
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 05:56:51 pm »

cool stuff sean, it looks like your out in some nice open paddock there.
Sean
Administrator
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 06:56:19 pm »

yeah, that was a little open field area with some fallen trees. that doesn't happen often though, we're usually up in the thick stuff! Good ol east Texas! Wink

Flatbroke
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 05:49:09 pm »

nice video,  what type of camera are you using to take the footage.  I have been wanting to video some of our hunts but wasnt sure what to use.  I was looking into a head cam type setup but they seem like alot of money

next time I shave my Ass, we are gonna have to glue it on them slick haired ones.
sbrooks
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 07:26:08 pm »

those are some nice videos, must be a pretty good quality camera.
Sean
Administrator
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 10:06:54 pm »

well, mine is a nice "middle of the road" camera. it has it's drawbacks though. i use an JVC Everio HD video camera. the HD stands for hard drive, just like on a computer. so no tapes or disks to deal with. and although i definitely recommend the HD(hardrive, not high definition-those are different) on any video camera, the JVC Everio series has lots of little and one big inferiority. the big one is that they are not good at all in low light situations. i mean they are worse than most. considering i do action filming, the drop detection feature has caused problems(right lawrence?lol). it's not a bad camera for home type use, but it not the greatest for hog hunting.
okay, all that being said: wait until you have a few hundred more to spend, and get you a Sony HD(hardrive again) video camera. and make sure you get one with3 CCD sensors, very important. in retrospect, i would have bought a sony to begin with. for performance and results matched against cost, they are simply the best choice. 

Flatbroke
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 05:49:12 pm »

Thanks Sean

next time I shave my Ass, we are gonna have to glue it on them slick haired ones.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: