April 25, 2024, 03:22:03 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Take back your National Forrest.  (Read 3550 times)
Txmason
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« on: February 28, 2012, 05:49:33 pm »

Here is a chance for all to stand up and act on this.
http://tdha.org/tdha_smf/index.php?topic=4304.0

Take back our National Forest.

Douglas Mason
979-733-0578
www.txmasoncatahoulas.com
www.tdha.org
matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 07:10:52 pm »

I think it looks good but just to clarify it does not address running dogs in the forest does it?

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session" - Mark Twain (1866)

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"~Woodrow F. Call

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~Thomas Jefferson
Wmwendler
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 08:49:43 pm »

Looks good Mr. Mason.  For those who are unsure how to help support this..... It might be a good idea to post up about the different ways to do so.  I'm not all that sure myself other than contancting representatives and congressmen.

Also I know this section is specific to laws and bills, but is there anyway to get it posted as a sticky on one of the sections that has more trafic.  Its sad to say but I doubt as many people frequent this section as the main ones.

Matt.....Title 1 states that it would be federal law for national forest to be open to hunting, fishing, ect.  I assume it means all legal methods of hunting............unless closed for a specific, necesary purpose based on sound evidence.  From what I understand SH National forest is closed to hog dogging because one high ranking person does not agree with it........thats a far cry from being closed for a specific, necessary purpose based on sound evidence.  At the very least I can see it giving us a shot at getting it opened back up.  Which as far as i can tell is more than we have at the moment.  It never hurts to have a federal law backing us in some fassion.  I would be interested in reading the actual bill to see if it has any info specific to our intrest.

Waylon
matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 02:58:30 pm »

Waylon I agree but the rules state clearly "by any legal means" and then turns around and states that running hogs is not allowed but hunting coons and squirrels and rabbits is ok. It's a shame too, I rode 8-9 miles this past Friday in there on my horse and it is obvious the hogs are alive and well just off the main roads. So much land there and so close to home and all I can do is go ride my horse around in it. Good memories of catching hogs there, I guess I shoud just feel lucky that I ever got to hunt the forest, it doesn't look good for the future.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session" - Mark Twain (1866)

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~Thomas Jefferson
Wmwendler
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 03:52:24 pm »

Yeah.....But if the bill passed they would have to come up with a reason why its closed to hog dogging and that reason would have to be for a specific, necesary purpose based on sound evidence.  It would definatly give them something tough to chew on.  I can't see them being able to provide sound evidence that hogdogs are bad for deer but coon, squirl, and rabbit dogs are not.

Waylon
matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 04:12:31 pm »

I completely agree with you, but the last couple years have proved that they dont need much more than an excuse to shut down any aspect of hunting in the forest and the reason why means nothing.  They just do it and then worry abou the "why" later.  You can call three people with NFS of TPWD  and you will get three excuses as to why it is shut down I can assure you of that.

Txmason
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 04:44:52 pm »

Matt,
I agree with you but if this does pass and the dog hunt will stand together, which they never have, we will have a better chance.  All I can do is put the information out there so hunters will know what is going on. 
Always a shame we put personal feeling ahead of what is best for every one.

If dog hunters don't do something nothing will every be done.

Douglas Mason
979-733-0578
www.tdha.org
matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 04:49:37 pm »

You are 100% correct.  I am not arguing or disagreeing and I appolgize to both of you if it is coming across that way.  I agree that this law looks great and I would be for it for a multitude of reasons.  I am simply stating that at times trying to fight the good fight seems a little like a David and Goliath battle and where we stand there arent many stones to pick up  Grin

Txmason
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 05:32:23 pm »

Matt,
Your 100% correct also, a few stand alone and we could have more rock if others would stand with us.
One or two people can't change much but  if we had a united front we would be heard.

Douglas Mason
979-733-0578
www.tdha.org
tmatt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 08:54:36 am »

How can I help? What do I need to do?

Be who you are and say what you mean because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.
Txmason
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 09:28:53 am »

Contact your Congress about this Federal Bill,
Can find who repersents you on the TDHA web site.
Show your support.

Douglas Mason
979-733-0578
www.tdha.org
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 06:23:00 pm »

hey mr mason trying to get registered with tdha  . what's the hold up  Grin  robert whitten

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
Txmason
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 07:21:07 am »

Your good to go.
Thanks

Douglas Mason
979-733-0578
www.tdha.org
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 10:59:54 am »

thanks doug i need to get joined up this year put it off way too long . there is a new money hunt group for coons starting up called the coon hunters kennel club . like the pca they are based out of iola tx . gonna get hooked up with them and win all their money next year with a leapord hound . check em out maybe some new recruits .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
RyanTBH
Hog Doom

www.texasboarhounds.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 01:16:45 pm »

I'm trying to understand this a little better... If this law has it written that it is legal to hunt coon and ect with dogs... how does that not make it legal to hunt hogs with dogs? And when contacting the reps, do I just tell them that they should support  H.R. 4089? or do I need to state more info than that? I have contacted both of the federal reps about previous matters and have contacts at both... would this be someone to contact, or does this need to be done on the state level first?

Do work, make chit happen, and never stop moving forward.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: