October 10, 2026, 12:23:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plott x Dogo  (Read 1052 times)
Lunatic
Hog Dog Pup
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 18


View Profile
« on: March 03, 2012, 06:49:28 pm »

What do you guys think of this cross? Does anyone have this cross and if so are they RCDs/strictly catch/open/silent? If anyone has pics I would like to see them as well?
Logged
jassenswisher1974
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 168


"It takes all kinds."


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 08:05:07 pm »

I hunt plotts and mine are catchy up to a 300 lbs then they bay. I dont know how to predict that cross but would love to see it. I have a half pit / half plott named "Brownie" and she is my catch dog but I dont keep her on a lead but she doesnt hunt real deep and when the dogs bay or catch she's right behind them to finish. She does have a nose and if those dogos are part walker you may be on to something. My Brownie doesnt have great lungs, she's good for one good race but she'll come back if my plotts havent stopped the hog after about 800 yards. Are you going to keep your plott/dogo cross on a lead?
keep me posted, very interested
swish
Logged

jassenswisher1974
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 168


"It takes all kinds."


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 08:09:52 pm »

Lunatic,
There arent a lot of these around, But Taylor Crockett bred catchy plotts. I only know one man in america with the true Crocket blood line. I want to cross one of these with my brownie. I'm no expert but be as selective on a plott as possible. use a fast, rough plott.
swish
Logged

Lunatic
Hog Dog Pup
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 18


View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 08:13:44 pm »

I personally don't own one. I guy has some pups for sale here in Florida. I don't know him or his dogs but I thought it was an interesting cross.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!