April 19, 2024, 08:27:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bayou State Cutter Creek RULES and INFORMATION  (Read 1998 times)
Bayou State Dog Hunters
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile WWW
« on: April 08, 2012, 08:48:34 pm »

Any questions contacts are listed.  Register soon, spots are filling up!
BAYOU STATE CUTTER CREEK CLASSIC HOG HUNT RULES
This is a benefit hunt meaning all proceeds outside of the prize pool for the hunters will be given to the Louisiana Lions Camp for crippled and special needs children.

Registration begins Monday March 26th.   To Register Call:

Jody Britt   318-508-2561          or        Cory Tharpe   318-518-3558
PAYMENT ACCEPTED: CASH, CHECK, MONEY ORDER, OR CREDIT CARD

For More Information Call:
Roger Patton 318-564-8779      or       Cade Pilcher 318-508-2233

The registration fee is $400 per team. (non-refundable)
Teams will consist of 4 people and you cannot be a member of multiple teams.
Each team will have a designated captain to correspond with BSDHA & Cutter Creek officials.
It is each TEAM’S RESPONSIBILITY to have a current copy of the Rules.
Registration of all teams and FULL payment must be received before May 14th. Registration after May 14th will be $500 per team.
Teams will include cell phone contact numbers on registration for emergency purposes.
The team members listed on the Entry Form are the ONLY members allowed to hunt the tournament. If a team member is unable to continue hunting with his or her team for any reason, that team will continue hunting without that member(s). NO SUBSTITUTIONS CAN BE MADE !!
If a team member drops out due to an emergency situation, BSDHA & Cutter Creek officials listed above must be notified IMMEDIATELY.  A confirmation number will be given by BSDHA & Cutter Creek Officials to the Team Captain or caller of that team. This confirmation number must be recited or given to BSDHA & Cutter Creek Officials by the Team Captain or the caller when arriving at Cutter Creek facility prior to weigh in.

Teams will have 48 hours from official start time Friday May 18th 3:00 P.M. to hunt and be at Cutter Creek for last call weigh in Sunday May 20th at 3:00 P.M.   
Teams may weigh in Saturday May 19th 2:00- 6:00 PM or Sunday May 20th 12:00- 3:00 PM. Or both days.
First Day weigh in is Saturday, May 19th between 2:00 P.M. and 6:00 P.M. at Cutter Creek facility.   
Second Day weigh in is Sunday from 12:00 P.M. and 3:00P.M. at Cutter Creek facility.

All 4 team members must be present at weigh in.  NO EXCEPTIONS!
No hogs arriving after close of check-in will be considered for the contest regardless of excuse, calling ahead, or any other unforeseeable circumstance. NO EXCEPTIONS!

All hogs will be weighed to accumulate points toward the heaviest catch for the tournament.  HEAVY BACON AWARD the most total weight of a team’s weighed in hogs wins the contest. 
1st place $5000 & championship custom made Bayou State Cutter Creek Classic buckles
2nd place $2500 & one custom made Bayou State Cutter Creek Classic buckle
3rd place $1200 & one custom made Bayou State Cutter Creek Classic buckle
4th place $800
5th place $400 

(HEAVY BACON AWARD PRIZE MONEY CONTENGENT ON NUMBER OF TEAMS ENTERED)
The largest live hog weighed in is the winner of the heaviest live hog of the day and will be awarded the BOSS HOG AWARD. This is for SATURDAY & SUNDAY.
Big hog of the day award for Saturday $500 dollars (Guaranteed)
Big hog of the day award for Sunday $500 dollars    (Guaranteed)

All teams, outside the top five places that weigh in hogs Saturday or Sunday or both, will be eligible for the BAYOU STATE CUTTER CREEK CLASSIC $500 DOLLAR “HARD CHARGER AWARD”. Thus meaning, there will be a drawing for the teams that weigh in hogs that do not get in the top five heaviest catch stringers.  $500 dollars (Guaranteed)

ALL WINNERS WILL TAKE A POLYGRAPH TEST.

NO CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL OR UNPRESCRIBED DRUGS PRIOR TO POLYGRAPH TEST. 

All hogs will be weighed Dead or Alive.
All dead hogs will have a 60 % reduction of weight factored to the score.
Live hogs will be weighed on foot and then taken into custody of BSDHA & Cutter Creek.
All dead hogs will be given back to the team in which it belongs to after being weighed in.
In the case of a tie for any team placing in the top five, the team with the heaviest single live hog in the catch will be declared the victor. 
Boars tied in weight (in the case of a tie, the boar in question with the longest single tusk will win).
Sows tied in weight (in the case of a tie, the sow will be measured from tip of nose to the tip of tail. The longest one will be declared the winner.)

General Rules:
This contest is open to all hunters utilizing dogs for the purpose of harvesting feral hogs for the purposes of this hunt, hogs are defined to be feral, free-ranging, wild hogs which have not been previously held, trapped, pen raised, and released for the purposes of being hunted in this contest and must not have been hunted from within a game fence.  Hogs cannot have been previously trapped, kept, or held for the contest. Any form or violation of these rules will be immediate disqualification.
ALL HOGS MUST BE DOG CAUGHT (THEN HANDLED AND TIED) (BAYED 1ST).
NO HOGS CAUGHT PRIOR TO HUNTING DATE.

NO HOGS CAUGHT THAT HAVE BEEN INTENTIONALLY INJURED OR HOBBLED AND
THEN RELEASED TO BE EASIER CAUGHT FOR THIS COMPETITION.
NO TURN OUT HOGS (NO TURN OUT IN ANY WAY AND THEN CAUGHT).
    NO TRAPPED        NO LOW FENCE       NO HIGH FENCE

NO HOG PROOF FENCE (WITH GATE OPEN OR NOT - FENCE CAN NOT SLOW DOWN
HOGS).
NO QUESTIONABLE DOMESTIC BRED HOGS (NO EXCEPTIONS - MUST LOOK
AND ACT WILD).

No splitting of teams. All team members must hunt together. Each team is permitted to run one pack of dogs at a time. For the purpose of this contest, a pack is considered a single group of dogs being handled by the team members. A team may not concurrently run multiple packs in multiple locations.  If, when hunting, the hogs and dogs split resulting in multiple bays, hunters are allowed to split up only to harvest the wild hogs, but must regroup as soon as possible to resume the hunt as one pack. 
NO SPLITTING UP ONE GROUP HUNT NIGHTS AND ONE GROUP HUNT DAYS.
Team members are the only ones permitted to actively participate in the hunt. Film crews or observers can not catch, hold, drag, carry, or help in any form or fashion in the hunt. Film crews or observers can not hold dogs or equipment or engage in the hunt in any way.  It is the 4 man team that performs the task.
ONLY FOUR TEAM MEMBERS WITH DOGS. NO HELP FROM ANY ONE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
During the hunt, the hog must be dog caught or bayed prior to human handling, and must not be roped, run over, or trapped first.
Teams are able to catch the hog alive for holding until check-in, for a live weight on scales. 
Horses and ATVs may be used when hunting, but the dogs must catch the hog. It is also illegal to run-over or rope an un-caught hog with/from a vehicle or horseback.
NO RUN OVER HOGS BY VEHICLE, FOUR WHEELER, ETC.
Hogs harvested outside of the official contest duration will not count. 
No injured or malnourished dogs of any kind are allowed on weigh-in premises.
All dogs on the weigh in premises must also be either kenneled or leashed.
Each Team Captain has the option of standing in the weigh-in area to witness his or her team’s hogs being weighed and as the other teams are being weighed. Please be courteous of the judges and the space they need to conduct weigh in.
ALL FOUR DOG OWNING TEAM MEMBERS MUST BE PRESENT AT WEIGH IN (NO
EXCEPTIONS).
Any contestant found to be cheating, attempting to cheat, or violating any of these rules will cause the disqualification of the entire team and forfeiture of any and all entry fees. The perpetrator and/or team may also be banned from future contests and BSDHA & Cutter Creek.
Complaints or objections can be made in the form of a written grievance and submitted to the contest officials before the announcement of the winners, which will take place after weigh-in and review of qualifying teams. Once the final decision of the contest officials has been made, the decision stands.
No disorderly conduct, such as cursing, fighting, or rude behavior will be tolerated at weigh in. No guns, knives, or weapons of any sort can be displayed or worn on weigh in premises. Anyone behaving in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner will be asked to leave.

ALL WINNERS WILL TAKE A POLYGRAPH TEST.

NO CONSUMPTION OF ALCOHOL OR UNPRESCRIBED DRUGS PRIOR TO POLYGRAPH TEST. 

THE POLYGRAPH TEST WILL NOT BE QUESTIONED.

PLEASE DO NOT ENTER IF YOU DO NOT TRUST THE TEST AND WILL NOT ACCEPT IF THE TEST SHOWS THAT THE RULES HAVE BEEN BROKEN, INTENTIONALLY OR NON-INTENTIONALLY.                                                         

NO MONEY OR PRIZES WILL BE AWARDED IF THE TEST SHOWS THAT THE RULES HAVE BEEN BROKEN.

PRIOR TO THE TEAMS WEIGH IN, THE CAPTAIN WILL PROVIDE SIGNATURE ON WEIGHT SHEET CONFIRMING THE FOLLOWING:
“BY ENTERING THE BAYOU STATE CUTTER CREEK CLASSIC IT IS IMPLIED THAT ALL CONTESTANTS HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THE RULES AS SET FORTH“.
(HEAVY BACON AWARD PRIZE MONEY CONTENGENT ON NUMBER OF TEAMS ENTERED)   

SATURDAY MAY 19TH BAY TRIALS                                   

BOOKS OPEN AT 7:00 A.M. BAYING STARTS AT 8:00 A.M.

CLASS #1  OLD & YOUNG  $30 ENTRY FEE
      CLASS #2  TWO DOG          $40 ENTRY FEE
      CLASS #3  ONE DOG           $30 ENTRY FEE
                               2 MINUTE BAY

SATURDAY MAY 19TH “TOUGHMAN CONTEST”

1 MAN WITH A BUMPER BOARD AND 1 HOG 
        30 SECONDS TO CATCH AND THROW THE HOG
     FASTEST TIME TO THROW THE HOG WINS THE POT

RV FULL HOOKUPS WITHIN 1 MILE OF CUTTER CREEK FACILITIES
CALL:  JERRY SUMERALL 318-518-8605

SELF CONTAINED RV PARKING ON PREMISIS
CALL:  COREY THARPE 318-518-3558

Uniting All Hunters and Preserving Their Rights
jhy
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 11:08:27 am »

So if I am reading this right we will not be allowed to have helpers drag hogs out during the middle of May while we keep up with the dogs?  Sounds like a good way to bring in a bunch of dead hogs fellas, but I guess I am just going to have to handle up and try and keep them alive as best I can.  So is it a DQ if someone comes along and drives a buggy that we load hogs  into for them to run them back and forth to the trailer?

Joey

"You lose a lot of money chasing hogs and women, but never lose women chasing money."
BIGCOUNTRY21
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 08:35:15 pm »

So if I am reading this right we will not be allowed to have helpers drag hogs out during the middle of May while we keep up with the dogs?  Sounds like a good way to bring in a bunch of dead hogs fellas, but I guess I am just going to have to handle up and try and keep them alive as best I can.  So is it a DQ if someone comes along and drives a buggy that we load hogs  into for them to run them back and forth to the trailer?

Joey

Joey,

Thanks for your interest in the Bayou State Cutter Creek Classic.  The only persons that can handle the hogs or the dogs are the 4 team members.  This keeps it on a level playing field for everyone.  You can have a film crew or spectators but under no circumstances can they assist the team in any way.  The TEAM is responsible for capturing the hogs and getting them to the weigh-in.  We will have a weigh-in on Saturday and Sunday to try and eliminate dead hogs.  Thanks for the question and hope to see you and your team at the hunt.  Give me a call ( (318) 508-2561 )and I can get you registered.

Regards,

Jody Britt
jhy
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 05:13:21 pm »

Britt,

I appreciate the response and I am crystal clear on the rules now after talking to Cade this afternoon. We will be in touch soon and I am looking forward to another Great event hosted by BSDHA.

Joey

"You lose a lot of money chasing hogs and women, but never lose women chasing money."
BIGCOUNTRY21
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 08:25:34 am »

Thanks Joey for all you are doing to help the BSDHA with this event.  We need to stress to everyone that this is more than just a competition......we are raising money for a very special place.  The Louisiana Lions Camp is one of the most unique camps in the state for children with disabilities......I know personally because my daughter has Downs Syndrome and attends the camp every year.......from the time she gets home all she talks about is going back next year.  I appreciate everyone's support of this event and look forward to getting you registered!  Give me a call anytime day or night if you have any questions @ 318-508-2561.  The website for the Louisiana Lions camp is www.lionscamp.org

Regards and Good Luck,

Jody Britt - BSDHA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: