April 25, 2024, 03:45:57 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Dogo's ????????????  (Read 8502 times)
muleman
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2009, 02:25:12 pm »

why would anyone sell a dog with a genetic defect like deafness?? and why would someone buy that defective dog to start their kennel with?? I can tell you why. Money! before long there will be dogos everywhere and you will have to cull through tons of them to get a good one! It happens to every popular breed.

LOPIN MY MULE AND SCRATCHIN MY ASS!!!
dabutcher
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2009, 05:53:47 pm »

that dog should've been culled or at the very least neutered.   that's the kinda stuff that makes finding a good one dang near impossible.  i've never had to spend so much time wading through crap to get to a few good breeders, well besides with labradors.
kevin
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2009, 06:08:15 pm »

Money makes the world go round.
Bar M
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2009, 09:17:44 am »

Just thought I would add my .02cents.

We have had two dogos so far. The first one was a gyp and not worth the food she ate.
Very dog aggressive. Kinda crazy.  Smiley

The second one I have is my male Gringo. He use to belong to McCoy here on the boards.
He is what I would consider a great dogo. He hits like a train. Catches on the ear
everytime. I couldn't of asked for a better one.
Also I can load him in the dog box with any dog I have male or female.
He just likes them all.
You can use him as a lead in or a running catch dog. 
I actually just bred him to my full blood AB gyp.

Here is one of him when we first got him.

here is one of him and my male catahoula cooling down after a long days hunt.
(as you can tell..not dog aggressive)

ppc dogos
Strike Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 03, 2009, 12:31:40 pm »

I have seen dogos very "TYPY" as some breeders name them, totally USELESS for hunting, not able to move correct,  without stamina, and for sure not able to hunt in a group. Very dogagressive.

If a breeder is so focused about TYPE only, you loose the most important tool for hunting. Temperament, heart, health should come first. You can not hunt a dogo who will fight the other dogs, if he do not have a good temperament, he is useless for hunting. If he is not healthy...well then forget about  how "Good" the TYPE is.
Josh, We have seen tons of dogos who will catch and fight the boar in a pen, but who never could be taken out in the woods with other dogs, THIS you only can select on, if you have seen your dogos social around dogs  out hunting,  around your  other own dogos, and ALSO dogs from other hunters.
From theese TYPE breeders you seldom see dogos actually out hunting.

The dogo have a fighting reputation, which is quite understandable, if you look on Youtube, many finds it a sport to use the dogo as a ring gladiator against boar/puma. Yes, they are might good as catchers theese dogos, but does this make them hunters ? I  know the answer...

If the dogo should live up to its "PEDISTAL" it is about time breeders start to look at their breedingstocks temperament, way too many dogos are weak tempered, insecure, dog agressive some even not trustful to man.

This breed is magic.!!!! Grin..many newcommers in the breed believes they KNOW IT ALL from the day they get a dogo pedigree in their hand, and BINGO from day one they also call themselves a dogo breeder Grin....even if the dog is only 9 weeks old...

Here is our and Marvins, Deangelo with Marvins Recado, their first hunt together:

B

« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 12:36:38 pm by ppc dogos » Logged

PPC Dogos
Denmark
Bridgeth6
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2009, 05:11:41 pm »

The deaf dog is not going to be used for breeding, he is more of a learning tool. His hearing test showed only slight deafness. He does not show any signs of it so far though.
dabutcher
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2009, 08:56:51 am »

The deaf dog is not going to be used for breeding, he is more of a learning tool. His hearing test showed only slight deafness. He does not show any signs of it so far though.

not to be a smartace but how are you only slightly deaf and then not show any signs of it...so far  Huh?
duece24
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2009, 03:18:04 pm »

maybe he meant to say the dog was tested and showed reduced hearing in one ear. many people have partial deafness in one ear(i personally know of two people like that). they aren't totally deaf but there is a hearing impairment to one ear, maybe that is what he is saying. and you wouldn't know that these two people were hearing impaired in an ear, so yes you can be diagnosed with hearing impairment/hearing loss and not show any signs early on...

Pet's Choice BP, Houston Distrubution
aussiedogger
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2009, 09:00:57 pm »

i don't see why everyone in the US is so loyal to curs, dogo's and AB's. over here the only dog we use pure is the bull arab and their a hybrid. almost every dog in australia is a bitser. anything from greyhound, staghound, wolfhound, boxers, bull arabs, mastiffs, ridge backs, danes, bull terriers, pit bulls, bandogs, GSP, english pointers, amstaffs, neo mastiffs, cattledogs. and they all ute find, ground find and hold. not baggin any breed or style out. just sayin it wouldn't hurt to experiment....

Till death do they part:) luggers for life!
Black Gold
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2009, 06:25:50 am »

Aussie,

I'm on it! Grin 

not gonna hijack this thread, but......STAY TUNED Afro

CODY WEISER - WWT Founder & Official Scorer - T.D.H.A. Advisor
USHOG
Strike Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2009, 05:54:31 pm »

about 10% of all dogo pups are deaf and it is sometimes hard to tell until they are alittle older but you always have an idea if you work much with them.

Dogos need no other dog to hunt. They can do it all by themselves. I hunt 3 out all the time during the winter when it isnt to hot for the vests. when its hot I lead in only. Dogos have great noses to wind hogs.  They are great dogs all around.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: