April 23, 2024, 01:26:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: boerboel mastiff  (Read 5075 times)
kdbfh
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2012, 01:46:08 pm »

I saw on another site today about people running a boerboel mastiff as a catch dog and I was wondering if any one on her has any experience with one, and how did it turn out. I'd also like to know where I might be able to get my habds on one?

When the tailgate drops, the bulls**t stops
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 02:01:15 pm »

Beautful dogs. Built pretty heavy though, I'd imagine they'd be good for short distances. You won't come across any too often, as there aren't very many here. Here's a nice informational site. You'd be payin a pretty penny for one I'm sure....

http://www.boerboel.net/

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 02:53:29 pm »

It is said this is one of the last breeds to go into the rhodesian ridgeback and man I believe it I see a lot of mastiff characteristics in the ridgebacks.
Amokabs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 02:56:14 pm »

HUGE dog, but very intense
okboarhunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 03:06:38 pm »

i always wanted one my bro showed me em one day but idk where the heck to find one
kdbfh
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 04:11:05 pm »

Well I called around and found some, they are 1000$ and located in college station. Hopefully I'll be gettin one next time they bred

T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 05:30:25 pm »

What leads you to the desire to have a thousand dollar dog and then send him in to do a job that could have been accomplished by a freeby? Also wherever you work, are they hiring? Grin

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
Lance
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 06:13:56 pm »

$1000 for a pup , and then use it as a catch dog. Huh? If there is anything else that you need then list it and maybe Ill have it ! Im sure we can work something out .  Grin angel

A scared dog dont get no meat !
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 07:14:29 pm »

We have pedigreed Bull Terriers that LOVE to catch, some people think we're nuts too, LOL

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
uglydog
Jelk's & Brick House Catahoulas
Global Moderator
Hog Doom

It's a good day to have a great day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 07:46:44 pm »

riverbottomcatahoulas.net Kris Banike has some of the best built dogs I have seen, all the boerboe that came to events I have attended look sloppy and ridiculous slow, but riverbottoms dog Cheyene has some speed she is used on cattle, hasa  good handle too

kdbfh
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 08:41:08 pm »

Underdog that is who I am planning on getting this one from. They seem like really nice people and know there dogs, and I might be crazy but its worth a try. And to be honest I've seen peopke pay way more for a bmc or a catahoula so I don't think 1000 is to dramatic of a price. And I could go with a free be but what kind of fun would that be you can't always live by money cause its gonna run out sooner or later, you only live once so why not live on the edge lol

INABs
Strike Dog

American bulldogs that Work... BRILLIANT!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2012, 12:38:46 pm »

I saw, if I remember right, only the second registered male imported into the US from Africa in 96 or 97 on John Blackwells yard up in Ok.  He was a huge dog and a real cool looking dog.  His name was Africa and was his first stud in his breeding program.  I am curious as to how they would do on a hog.  Not 100% but I think they were mostly used as a ranch dog to gaurd against the big cats eating livestock.  I do remember him talking about how edgy and civil they can be with stangers.  Good natural guard dog with tons of size.   

Do not be afraid, because I am with you.  Do not be intimidated; I am your God.  I will strengthen you.  I will help you.  I will support you with my victorious right hand.   Isaiah 41:10
Yelladogwreckincrew
Strike Dog

curr dogs and caught hogs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 01:22:51 pm »

And to be honest I've seen peopke pay way more for a bmc or a catahoula so I don't think 1000 is to dramatic of a price. And I could go with a free be but what kind of fun would that be you can't always live by money cause its gonna run out sooner or later, you only live once so why not live on the edge lol

But think how much fun you could have living on the edge with a thousand dollars and a freeby that catches!

curr dogs and caught hogs
Caseylee
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 04:09:58 pm »

I second that to river bottom catahoulas.. There Boerboels are top notch!

Casey Clinton
Abilene,Texas
325 201 8299
BigDaddy2508
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 12:03:14 pm »

Well if you want a good Boerboel contact me and I will get you to the right place.  The dog that everyone is talking about from Riverbottom comes straight from this breeder.  I also have one of his dogs.  The people at Riverbottom also have some Boerboel x ABPT that are out of my two dogs.  I gave her that litter and she is now selling them.  I would get one of those pups the APBT that is the Dame is one heck of a CD and the Sire is also a very good dog but is young.  The cross was not planned.  IM me and we will talk there are some things you should know.  The 2 people that I know that have dogs from that litter are more than happy with the pups.  Please IM me so that we can talk.
t.wilbanks
Hog Doom

Trenton Wilbanks Daingerfield,Tx

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 12:24:09 pm »

Beautful dogs. Built pretty heavy though, I'd imagine they'd be good for short distances. You won't come across any too often, as there aren't very many here. Here's a nice informational site. You'd be payin a pretty penny for one I'm sure....

http://www.boerboel.net/

I thought the dogs chasing the rat on that website was pretty amusing..  Grin
alpha club
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 02:23:28 pm »

Hello, it was brought to my attention that my dogs were being mentioned and wanted to chime in. As the breeder of River bottom ranch's  Cheyenne, along with BigDaddy's Male and Divine Dynasty Kennel's female, we breed our Boerboels specifically for catchwork, cattle work and protection work. Unfortunately, there are maybe four kennels left in the country that actively breed  for traits needed of a working boerboel, therefore most pics and info online is geared towards, fat, low drive, sloppy, show Boerboels. The sire and dams to the above mentioned dogs work the cattle on the property and Sugar their dam is now a finished catch dog.
  At one point a few yrs ago we had/bred bulldogs, catahoulas and Belgian Malinois for catchwork, herding and protection. Until we stumbled upon one breed that did all three while still having that all important "off switch" that was important to me as I wanted a pet also. We don't make ridiculous claims about our dogs, we pride ourselves on giving our clients exactly what they ask for. Considering that most "yard ornament" Boerboels sell for upwards of $2000, I don't think $1200 is a lot to ask for a dog with the versatility,ease of handle and drive that we produce.
  Thank you for your time and god bless.
  Damian @ Apex Boerboels
BigDaddy2508
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 02:31:36 pm »

So with above post posted that's where you go if you want a Beorboel that is from true working stock. 1st class people at Apex Beorboels. I can't or won't vouch for any other Beorboel breeders. I know that my dog is bred right and that's what matters to me.
dogo24
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2012, 08:51:03 am »

riverbottomcatahoulas best for working boerboels , but if your just wanting one for around the yard then STL boerboels breeds pure african blooded dogs ...... they are huge beautiful dogs !

SEAL THE DEAL WITH A SQUEEL !
BigDaddy2508
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 08:49:18 am »

dogo24 really why get watered down Boerboels when you can get the best ones from Alpha Club.  Who do you think she got and continues to try and get her stock from?  I am just saying go to the man and get the real thing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: