March 28, 2024, 07:32:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Standard American Bulldogs  (Read 20707 times)
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2012, 04:35:56 pm »

I will definatley go that route (Americanlegendz). I'd just have to make it to TX Smiley We may be making a trip not too far off over yonder to visit another dogman so I will have to be in touch.

@ uglydog: Thank you much for your insight, we are definatley on the same page.

I like to be careful with my large dogs. (In my opinion) Size gives power, but I don't want to lose wind and stamina.......

That's why I like his longer muzzle, his deep chest, long neck, long strong back with a nice springy back end.......

I have owned, and worked with Brachycephalic or 'smooshy' muzzled type breeds...and while they may have good bites, they (from my personal observations) have less ability to stay in hold for longer durations due to respiratory constriction. I'm not downing any dogs, it's just a matter of my personal observations and what I feed that works great for me. For being such a big dog, (around 90lbs @ 2yrs old) this guy has impressive endurance.

We have been offered a half sister to my Beef dog. We'll see if we end up with her or not. He's a workin' SOB and a good one at that, so I definatley want offspring off of him, I'm just making sure it's only to another WORKING dog. This thread has turned out awesome! I've been enjoying reading and looking over the pics.

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: