March 29, 2024, 03:43:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Standard American Bulldogs  (Read 20713 times)
Americanlegendz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 02:39:37 pm »

MrsLouisianaHogDog you come to Texas and I'll set you up with one.  You promise to work it and keep me updated and in the loop with the dog and I've been known to work with hunters a deal that will benefit both parties.  We'll come up with an offer you can't refuse. lol

I maybe have some stuff coming up along the same lines as Bar W dog.  I'll keep you posted.

To date one of my older males when he was a puppy still at 10 months old. 

Females from Britt's bulldogs.  Got some nice plans for these two. 

Sam3030
Catch Dog

SwineStopperKennels

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 02:57:35 pm »

This is Tiny... Out of swinestopper kennels

Sam
Sam3030
Catch Dog

SwineStopperKennels

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 03:11:46 pm »

Sam
alapaha blue blood
Strike Dog

Tiny

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 03:41:16 pm »

Tiny is a Alapaha blue blooded bulldog just figured someone would Like to know with the merle gene
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 04:44:40 pm »

MrsLouisianaHogDog you come to Texas and I'll set you up with one.  You promise to work it and keep me updated and in the loop with the dog and I've been known to work with hunters a deal that will benefit both parties.  We'll come up with an offer you can't refuse. lol

I maybe have some stuff coming up along the same lines as Bar W dog.  I'll keep you posted.

To date one of my older males when he was a puppy still at 10 months old. 

Females from Britt's bulldogs.  Got some nice plans for these two. 

Well sir I thank ya. I will certainly let you know if and when I can make it over that way! What side of Texas are you in?

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
UNDERDOG
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

I always tell the truth.....even when I lie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 04:57:35 pm »

MrsLouisianaHogDog ,you would be best off breeding your male to one of them type dogs as yours has a heavy hybrid ped with alot of johnson but has the performance phenotype if you were to go with a hybrid your chances of keeping the working build you like will go down and you may get bullier type dogs.

Bryant Mcdonald
New Caney, Tx.
936-537-2537

www.facebook.com/Bonedigger.kennels.
bulldogger
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 04:58:42 pm »

Great looking bulldog.  Just a heads up though since you said you were new to bulldogs.  Ped wise most would consider him a hybrid.  He has lots of hybrids in his background.  He also has a good amount of bully dogs and some straight off Mr. Johnson's yard.  His Phenotype/ look is more Standard.  Just giving you a heads up from looking at Ped.  He looks like he will get it done.  Don't be suprised if you get a few pups from him in the future that are more bully, especially if you breed him to another hybrid dog with similar background.  Breeding him to straight standard dogs or performance type pits should keep most of them with same size muzzle and standard look.  Good Luck.
UNDERDOG
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

I always tell the truth.....even when I lie!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 05:02:43 pm »

Great looking bulldog.  Just a heads up though since you said you were new to bulldogs.  Ped wise most would consider him a hybrid.  He has lots of hybrids in his background.  He also has a good amount of bully dogs and some straight off Mr. Johnson's yard.  His Phenotype/ look is more Standard.  Just giving you a heads up from looking at Ped.  He looks like he will get it done.  Don't be suprised if you get a few pups from him in the future that are more bully, especially if you breed him to another hybrid dog with similar background.  Breeding him to straight standard dogs or performance type pits should keep most of them with same size muzzle and standard look.  Good Luck.

Yea....what he said is basically what I was trying to say...  Wink

Bryant Mcdonald
New Caney, Tx.
936-537-2537

www.facebook.com/Bonedigger.kennels.
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 06:26:09 pm »

Thank you guys! Helpful info noted!

I definately want to keep on with the 'standard' type look/physique......I appreciate the shared knowledge. I can go off about peds on APBT's all day, but this is my first Am Bull, so I am learning about the lines behind them still. His build is just great. He is such a powerful animal, and HEAVY, yet he doesn't get winded as fast as I would think he would at his size.

Americanlegendz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 08:24:11 pm »

Not to many in texas but the few who work with standard abs in texas are dedicated bulldoggers to the working breed.  Some others here that can offer great insight on the breed.  Gary for sure is a great source won't hold it against him that he's from cali. Lol
gary fuller
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 09:27:19 pm »

LOL JUAN, I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA BUT WAS BORN IN OREGON AND ALL MY FAMILY IS FROM OKLAHOMA AND ARKANSAS AND EVEN HAVE SOME IN TEXAS.  THANKS FOR THE NICE WORDS. AND IM ABSOLUTELY ALWAYS OPEN TO TALKIN  DOGS  AND HOG HUNTIN.
Americanlegendz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2012, 08:13:50 am »

Tell you what gary when I first saw your website years back I thought to myself you look like one of those wild west Doc Holliday outlaws.  A throwback ha. 
SCHitemHard
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2012, 11:11:21 am »

if your looking for some johnson blood i can get in touch with the guy that bought my bulldog!

some of the pups he has sired

Matt H
Cleveland, OH
Americanlegendz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2012, 12:26:09 pm »

Some of my favorites. 

Snowbird the bulldog that started off for billy hines hog catching working type bulldogs and the type of bulldog I focus on for my line breeding program
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/american_bulldog/dog.html?id=526968

One of Alan's that started off the scott standard line 
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/american_bulldog/dog.html?id=539302

The one the started off for the johnson folks yet I think they have stayed way from the original bully type dogs   
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/american_bulldog/dog.html?id=539267

Yet another twist with a contributing dog for the performance folks
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/american_bulldog/dog.html?id=539205

Last your Classic Hybrid type bulldog
http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/american_bulldog/dog.html?id=578338

arrowbar
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2012, 01:43:43 pm »

Check with amokab on Johnson bloodlines
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2012, 10:52:42 am »

I like that Snowbird dog!

uglydog
Jelk's & Brick House Catahoulas
Global Moderator
Hog Doom

It's a good day to have a great day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2012, 11:13:31 am »

Well I may get hammered here, Mrs.LousianhogDog I do really like your muzzle length on your dog, and believe you are absolutely correct in your thoughts behind your dogs performance being related to his breathing and recovery and abilities due to that in your dog. One thing we took serious in our dogs and never looked back. At the time were unable to find others with purebred dogs of same type to breed and keep the same phenotype and ended up outcrossing to keep our performance in our catch dogs.
THATS MY OPINION. I like Your DOG! I would seek others that have similiar types of dogs with build straight legs in backgrounds and parentage and grandparent and great grandparents, those mater intensly!
Our main male alsways threw some really Bully dogs when bred to pure AB females, and thats why we outcrossed for consistant "type" long muzzles, straight legs, deep lungs not wide, long back, high hip,long neck angled into shoulders, ect are very important to me in movement and performance

TEMPERMENT- CATCHING ITS ALL A PACKAGE DEAL part of performance,

magnuml
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2012, 11:43:06 am »

I like that Snowbird dog!
If American Ledgenz is willing to work out something with you on a dog you'd be CRAZY not to take him up on it. One of the BEST  Proven Standard breeding programs in the country. Old school Hines ( Scott ) dog's and other standard blood done right. You would be lucky to get one from him. Good looking male.  Nice to see you on here Juan. Lee
Americanlegendz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2012, 02:27:46 pm »

Thanks lee for the vote confidence.  With the help of Britt and a few others we are trying to encourage hunters, especially here in texas, to give these standard bulldogs a chance at becoming CDs. 

Makes sense all that you stated Uglydog. 
magnuml
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2012, 03:21:48 pm »

Thanks lee for the vote confidence.  With the help of Britt and a few others we are trying to encourage hunters, especially here in texas, to give these standard bulldogs a chance at becoming CDs. 

Makes sense all that you stated Uglydog. 
Just telling the truth Buddy..  You deserve it. 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: