March 29, 2024, 09:09:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Standard American Bulldogs  (Read 20720 times)
magnuml
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 03, 2012, 10:10:50 am »

bryant,  nkc was at it again lol. the pickett dogs on that ped were not picketts pride dogs. big daddy diesel was a belly brother to the mother of henry torrezes tyson dog. and diesel  had a bst  etc and when bred to jade produced crimson who had a bst etc also. 
I had the chance to see and put my hands on Tyson. Was at the show when they announced his OFA Exellent rating. I liked the dog alot and in my Opinion he was the First OFA Exellent American Bulldog because the other was a Pit.. You know me Gary, i had to add that in. 
Americanlegendz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 03, 2012, 12:01:39 pm »

"I like that Snowbird dog!"
Here you go MrsLouisianaHogDog.  Just in case you've never seen the footage of Snowbird.  I'm sure it's been posted many times before but I never get tired of watching it.  Always get the blood pumping and sends chills to me.  People talk alot of smack about Billy Hines but he had some great bulldogs.  Always been bias to his dogs growing up around them.  Dam even my yard looks like his now cause that image is burn in my mind from the first time I walk on his yard.  All my dogs are kept in the same fashion.  I got oak trees though instead of the mesquite trees of the valley. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y59PqO_S77E

I also like the Dorsey/Stout stock coming off of Boss hog.  Jay Dorsey had both Snowbird (Dorsey's Flash) and Boss hog. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_O0khoVR-0
Americanlegendz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 03, 2012, 12:39:43 pm »

Here another one Dave Sanders put together on the hines dogs and his foundational dog from Bill Hines KOMBAT. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbXHMLs-IuU
magnuml
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 03, 2012, 01:23:50 pm »

Here you go MrsLouisianaHogDog.  Just in case you've never seen the footage of Snowbird.  I'm sure it's been posted many times before but I never get tired of watching it.  Always get the blood pumping and sends chills to me.  People talk alot of smack about Billy Hines but he had some great bulldogs.  Always been bias to his dogs growing up around them.  Dam even my yard looks like his now cause that image is burn in my mind from the first time I walk on his yard.  All my dogs are kept in the same fashion.  I got oak trees though instead of the mesquite trees of the valley. 

I also like the Dorsey/Stout stock coming off of Boss hog.  Jay Dorsey had both Snowbird (Dorsey's Flash) and Boss hog. 
That is the video that got me started with the breed. Thanks for posting it. Man that get's the blood going. I said it before, anyone would be crazy not to get a dog from you when your willing to give them a deal. Thanks Juan. Keep doing what your doing. Lee
xpressboat87
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 03, 2012, 01:41:31 pm »

Those are some fine dogs and awesome videos
gary fuller
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 03, 2012, 03:43:42 pm »

LOL LEE, you just cant help it lol
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 03, 2012, 05:02:06 pm »

That is the video that got me started with the breed. Thanks for posting it. Man that get's the blood going. I said it before, anyone would be crazy not to get a dog from you when your willing to give them a deal. Thanks Juan. Keep doing what your doing. Lee

when will you have pups available? and how much are they?

www.peachcreekcatahoulas.com

Victor dog food dealer. Cleveland Texas
magnuml
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 03, 2012, 05:18:33 pm »

LOL LEE, you just cant help it lol
No i can't buddy. I am always impressed with your knowledge, honesty and memory with ped's and dog's. You are good for the breed. I hope you are feeling better and get back hunting soon.
jrangnow
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 03, 2012, 07:19:06 pm »

Johnson breed

Game breed

"Bigger  is  ALWAYS better."
gary fuller
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 03, 2012, 08:02:29 pm »

thanks lee and im just a california bush okie that likes dogs.i am over the pnuemonia and been doin some work at home but am actually a bit leeryabout goin huntin yet especially at night  in the damp air. i really need to learn to get pictures scanned and on this board.  i have a ton on my regular computer but i think the guy workin on it may have left town.
Americanlegendz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2012, 10:04:40 pm »

I might have a litter with a friend of mine who has one of my females and breed it to one of britt garcias heavy ranger studs. If I have some to place out I'll be more than happy to work with you.   I'll send you specifics when time nears.
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2012, 11:48:03 pm »

I might have a litter with a friend of mine who has one of my females and breed it to one of britt garcias heavy ranger studs. If I have some to place out I'll be more than happy to work with you.   I'll send you specifics when time nears.

do you use your dogs to catch or are they just for breeding? I would like to make sure the parents are working catch dogs before even thinking about buying one.  Wink I know britts dogs will catch. thanks

www.peachcreekcatahoulas.com

Victor dog food dealer. Cleveland Texas
Americanlegendz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2012, 08:58:49 am »

Yes and if they aren't used for catching or something else I'll tell you.  I have several males/females placed throughout south Texas and some east Texas folks just like you working and proving out my stock.  Wink
I retain breeding rights when I work out deals with them so I can produce working CD litters.  Does that guarantee all the puppies are going to come out jam up bulldogs, hell no.  I have my share of number 2ters and stuff I have to cull through.  I guarantee you this if the dog don't work out I will replace the dead one you bring back to me.  Remember it's a crap shot and that is the chance you take when you get a puppy but as an ethical and honest person I'm willing to stand by my stock.
INABs
Strike Dog

American bulldogs that Work... BRILLIANT!!

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2012, 10:42:57 am »

proving out my stock

I retain breeding rights

Just curious about this.  So a person spends their hard earned money feeding the dog and proving your stock for you  and they don't have breeding rights? or are they shared? or is it just different with each home.  Sorry, no offense intended just find this crazy how you worded it, that anyone would agree to that.  Sounds like all the work and money spent by the home and you get all the benefit. 

Do not be afraid, because I am with you.  Do not be intimidated; I am your God.  I will strengthen you.  I will help you.  I will support you with my victorious right hand.   Isaiah 41:10
Americanlegendz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 04, 2012, 11:08:09 am »

“So a person spends their hard earned money feeding the dog and proving your stock for you  and they don't have breeding rights? or are they shared? or is it just different with each home.”

No have breeding rights.  They just give me an opportunity to breed to the male whenever I need him and at my cost to go to them.  If it is a female they keep everything out of the litter I just take maybe one or two pups.  They also can do anything as far as breeding goes with their bulldog.  The only issue I might see is if it’s a female.  They’d give up at least one breeding to my choice stud but even at that I let them keep 80-90 % of the litter.   I've never had any complaints with the people I work with and they know everything upfront, no surprises. I acknowledge they do a lot of the proving out with day in and day out in the woods.  Most of the time I gave them the bulldog or just recover feed, care shots and deforming in the low price I gave them.  If it’s someone I don’t know and never work with the dynamics might change and we’d talk about what is fair in their eyes before any deal is struck.   

"Anyone would agree to that.  Sounds like all the work and money spent by the home and you get all the benefit."

This surprises me because I've never had an issue with folks I've work with.  Maybe it's a cultural difference or the type of individual you and I are that is different.  This is why I don’t take offense to any comment or questioning of my ethics.  I know I’m a fair and reasonable person and in all cases I even give people more than most would ever give in these deals and working together.  Oh and I'm not saying your opposite of what I just stated above.  Just saying maybe your view point is different and that’s ok. 
INABs
Strike Dog

American bulldogs that Work... BRILLIANT!!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2012, 11:36:47 am »

Maybe it's a cultural difference or the type of individual you and I are that is different.
I think thats taking my post a little to deep.  Wink  I just was cross eyed at your "I retain breeding rights" comment.   Everyone in the working dog world makes agreements for shared breeding rights and things of that nature when you are breeding working dogs.  That is nothing new.  What folks do on both ends of the agreements is really their business but since you posted it on this board I had to ask.   Smiley

Do not be afraid, because I am with you.  Do not be intimidated; I am your God.  I will strengthen you.  I will help you.  I will support you with my victorious right hand.   Isaiah 41:10
Americanlegendz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2012, 01:00:29 pm »

No problem INAB.  Like I stated " I'm not saying your opposite of what I just stated above.  Just saying maybe your view point is different and that’s ok."  I'm the first to give credit to a hunter like you.  You’re in the trenches day in and day out doing the real work.  You’re the real deal a HOG HUNTER. I'm just a guy who grew up doing it with those early Hines dogs and presently only get out there to enjoy that past time sparingly. 

"Maybe it's a cultural difference or the type of individual you and I are that is different." 

This is not meant to be a racial remark or that in depth.  All I mean is where I'm from stuff gets done a whole different way.  When I moved to San Antonio I had to get use to the people and the way it worked here.  The valley is its own unique world and in many ways backwards. lol I've seen stuff done with dogs that I'm sure you wouldn't agree with but was normal for me growing up. 

"Since you posted it on this board I had to ask."

No problem I know what comes with the territory.  It's a public board and people are inclined to ask or state their opinions on anything posted.  I encourage that to the fullest.

Indian Valley Ranch
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2012, 08:14:24 pm »

I might have a litter with a friend of mine who has one of my females and breed it to one of britt garcias heavy ranger studs. If I have some to place out I'll be more than happy to work with you.   I'll send you specifics when time nears.

do you use your dogs to catch or are they just for breeding? I would like to make sure the parents are working catch dogs before even thinking about buying one.  Wink I know britts dogs will catch. thanks
Peaches, you dont have to worry about Jons dogs, his Hines and Stout stuff has produced CD'S in every litter that Im aware of. His dogs have made the cut with Hunters that test and cull hard and he deserves the credit that he has received in this thread. Thats my 2 Pennies for what its worth.
Bar W
Strike Dog

Hello. My name is Mark and I'm addicted to hunting

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2012, 08:42:44 pm »

Well I only have experience with my bulldog off of britt and Jon's line but I can say he catches hard and then gets low. When im not hunting he thinks he's a big Ol laP dog.
alapaha blue blood
Strike Dog

Tiny

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 07, 2012, 09:42:28 am »

Hey Juan its good to see that so many guys on hear know you and your dogs when that female comes into heat again we can work something. I really wanted to breed the last time but really didn't know you or trust a guy I just met I'm sure you understand. Maybe you can come Down and hunt with me and tiny. My partner and I have been doing really well latly the grains up and almost ready.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: