April 24, 2024, 04:40:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Standard American Bulldogs  (Read 20796 times)
Americanlegendz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2012, 12:00:02 pm »

No problem.  This Brindle female I think would be good to your brindle.  She hasn't come into heat and hasn't been bred in over 3 years but maybe next time.  No fancy pedigree but I think they would both make some nice woods bulldogs.   

alapaha blue blood
Strike Dog

Tiny

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2012, 12:26:20 pm »

Not a bad looking dog I call me up and we can talk dogs some time 361-5483916 Mike
Matt D
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2012, 02:38:36 pm »

Don Matthews is a good friend of mine and magnuml's. My dog came from Don off of the Spider dog mentioned above by Peachcreek. Don has a lot of good working blood. You should check out Konfederate Kennels if you get in the market for a good bulldog!

X2 Don is a good guy with some proven working dogs. I'm an APBT man myself but my hunting partner is Am Bulldogs all the way. He is close friends with Don and everything from his yard goes back to Konfederate Kennels. I would recommend his dogs to anyone looking for a proven line of Am Bulldogs.

Matt
koyote76
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 07, 2012, 03:24:27 pm »

don and i hunt together on a regular basis. i always feel confident  hunting with his bulldogs! i would highly recomend a dog from don. he has a proven line and he is not afraid to cull. he has been catching hogs for a long time and knows what it takes to breed a good bulldog. his dogs have great stamina and working ability.

“If you don’t have as much grit as your dogs then you don’t deserve to have them.”
magnuml
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 07, 2012, 04:49:43 pm »

don and i hunt together on a regular basis. i always feel confident  hunting with his bulldogs! i would highly recomend a dog from don. he has a proven line and he is not afraid to cull. he has been catching hogs for a long time and knows what it takes to breed a good bulldog. his dogs have great stamina and working ability.
Is your name Kerry?
koyote76
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 07, 2012, 04:51:21 pm »

sure is.

“If you don’t have as much grit as your dogs then you don’t deserve to have them.”
Indian Valley Ranch
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 07, 2012, 07:05:45 pm »

MrsLousianaHogDog, here are a few catch dogs off my bloodline that are all earning their feed. First is Hawk, he is proving to be a good stud dog and we (americanlegendz) plan to breed him asap. Just waiting on females to come in heat.
Indian Valley Ranch
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 07, 2012, 07:08:45 pm »

MrsLousianaHogDog, here are a few catch dogs off my bloodline that are all earning their feed. First is Hawk, he is proving to be a good stud dog and we (americanlegendz) plan to breed him asap. Just waiting on females to come in heat.

Indian Valley Ranch
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 07, 2012, 07:15:42 pm »

This is Reload, also a proven stud and good catch dog, he is bigger than what I like my dogs to be, but has always been able to do his job well.

Indian Valley Ranch
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 07, 2012, 07:22:22 pm »

This is Boomer with his first woods catch, he is a younger brother to Reload. These pics were taken when he was a year old, he is much bigger now. He belongs to my friend Cory, we plan to get pups out of him later this year.
Indian Valley Ranch
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2012, 07:24:59 pm »

this computer wont let me post more than one at a time, sorry
Indian Valley Ranch
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2012, 07:40:50 pm »

This is a recent video of Stump, a littermate brother to Boomer. Hasn't caught a ton of hogs for a 2 yr. old, but has proven himself to be breed worthy. I plan to do some line breeding with the offspring of these three brothers.
Indian Valley Ranch
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 07, 2012, 07:49:35 pm »

Don is a good guy, and its good to hear from people that are actually hunting behind his dogs. You hear alot of misinformation on the www. about guys like him and Alan. Thanks for posting guys.
Americanlegendz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2012, 11:08:56 am »

Thanks Britt, Bar W.  I think there are still some solid hog hunters out there that are willing to work together and keep some quality catch dog lines going.  I know some have given up on bulldogs and pits but some folks are still using them just as some of the original bulldoggers like Alan and Don.  Glad to see some people pay respect to guys like them. 

Just yesterday I was in a bind and a hog hunter I just met offer to help me out.  Brent in Waco I surely appreciate your help in my car situation and I owe you big time for the dog pick up.  I never forget a favor and in the future you can have anything off my yard.   I can never repay the kindness you showed me yesterday and this week.  Thanks a lot!!!!
magnuml
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 08, 2012, 02:19:56 pm »

sure is.
Don has mentioned hunting with you several times. Hope your new dog's are working out. I picked up the 2 Pup's ya'll got and brought them to him. Bred right, Should make some good dog's. Lee 
koyote76
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 08, 2012, 03:16:49 pm »

hey lee. ive heard alot about you. thankyou for picking those pups up i think the female has got some potential.

ive culled through some of the new dogs already and now the only new dogs i have are some well bred pups and getting some new pups in the future. they should be staged right in age so that im not starting these pups all at the same time. the older dogs are still doing a fine job and if these pups turn out it will be a breath of fresh air. ive given up on buying someones started/finished dogs and just raising pups from here on out like i always have.

hopefully some of these pups end up being breed worthy to cross to my old male. sure is hard to find a good producing female these days.

but what we really need is some rain! aint seen rain in over a month!

cur-dog
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 08, 2012, 05:26:16 pm »

No problem Jon, I just wish I could of done more. I figure we all need to take care of each other. We (dog people) already have enough enemies as it is. I think I read something somewhere that said do unto others... Wink It was a pleasure meeting you and I really like the way this pup looks and acts. Thanks, Brent

The more I see of the people's representatives, the more I like my dogs.
magnuml
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 08, 2012, 05:43:42 pm »

hey lee. ive heard alot about you. thankyou for picking those pups up i think the female has got some potential.

ive culled through some of the new dogs already and now the only new dogs i have are some well bred pups and getting some new pups in the future. they should be staged right in age so that im not starting these pups all at the same time. the older dogs are still doing a fine job and if these pups turn out it will be a breath of fresh air. ive given up on buying someones started/finished dogs and just raising pups from here on out like i always have.

hopefully some of these pups end up being breed worthy to cross to my old male. sure is hard to find a good producing female these days.

but what we really need is some rain! aint seen rain in over a month!
No problem man. I think Don said something about you culling a few now you say that. Hope ya'll get some rain, We need it REALLY bad ourselves. I am sure we will meet sooner or later.
josh54
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 08, 2012, 07:01:23 pm »

Sorry guy dont mean to hijack the thread but thought it as good a place as any. Im in bad shape for a catch dog. I have always used pits but am really wanting to go with an ab this time around. My money situation is what has been stopping me. If anyone knows of someone that has one or even a pup they might sell cheap or consider trading for i'd appreciate it. On another move really home looking dogs and you guys seem to really know your stuff and care for the breed. I admire that. Thanks guys for reaffirming my want for the breed

hog doggin is not a sport....its a way of life!!!!
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom

*Official WWT Scorer*

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2012, 07:55:42 pm »

@ Indian Valley Ranch

Nice looking bulldogs!!!

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up