March 28, 2024, 04:06:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: BIG Hog 3" teeth vs One Dog  (Read 5388 times)
bradhall
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2014, 03:41:11 pm »

Caught this big boy slipping in the tomatoes.  Went around 200 with ~3 inches of teeth.  Had 3 dogs, but two overran him, so the one dog put on a show!  This big barr almost got a piece of my buddy but you can watch what happens....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjOEKJzqgeI&feature=share&list=UUWcxJiPxMr-exy6pp2XbGdA
RyanTBH
Hog Doom

www.texasboarhounds.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 04:41:18 pm »

That's a cool vid and a Hullava hog boys! Congrats!

Do work, make chit happen, and never stop moving forward.
Shotgun wg
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 06:58:22 pm »

Good hog. Glad the dog still had hold or ur buddy might a got ventilated

Shotgun
Arkansas

Shotgun
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 09:28:36 pm »

Good hog!

Bulldog was regripping quite a bit...I remember reading about a boy in Florida that was sitting on a Barr in a ditch, and it got out from under him and cut him to shreds including into his head and ear.
bradhall
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 08:22:42 am »

No bulldogs here, we use gritty cur dogs that will do it all.  Find and catch, usually they are a little weaker at one, but you can use one dog and get it done.  I think I remember the guy you are talking about.  Thankfully we haven't got cut up yet, Ive been bitten a couple times, but Im sure our day is coming! 
TazD
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 08:02:57 pm »

Good video of catching the Barr. I live here in the Tampa area, where do you hunt? That brindle dog looks like a bulldog cross? She is pretty big for a female cur. What kind of cur is she?

You say your curs are one out, do it all by themselves, but 2 of them over ran the hog that just ran by your UTV?? What kind of range and hunt do they have to them?
J. Tallina
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 10:27:02 pm »

Good video
bradhall
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 09:11:13 pm »

Thanks guys!  She's just mixed up cur, no bloodline to speak of other than the two dogs we bred for her.  Im sure they got some bulldog somewhere, crazy the variety of pups in her litter.  Some Catahoula half glassed eyed, a couple brindle, couple yellow dogs.  Any one of those dogs will get it done, we found more tracks where the barr jumped from and they got gone.  Never saw the others, but figured they got on them.   They all are different, but those dogs average 200 yards, checking in.  We run short range killers, these hogs got Nikes!
Florida Curdog
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 10:24:13 am »

Those are my type of dog.  Good hog &  dog work

Smiling like a killer
Shipwrecked25
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 01:51:33 pm »

Caught this big boy slipping in the tomatoes.  Went around 200 with ~3 inches of teeth.  Had 3 dogs, but two overran him, so the one dog put on a show!  This big barr almost got a piece of my buddy but you can watch what happens....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjOEKJzqgeI&feature=share&list=UUWcxJiPxMr-exy6pp2XbGdA

Sweet video!! Those are some gritty dogs. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: