March 29, 2024, 12:48:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I love runner's!!!!!!!  (Read 2061 times)
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 11:43:41 pm »

Not saying it isn't possible, but how are TEETH the same as Antlers?? And if if they were, how would PROTIEN increase the growth of a body part that's not made from proteins?
I know that Teeth are not Antlers, but they actually both need protein to produce...

Well, both antlers and Ivory (teeth in this case) need amounts of protein to grow efficiently. I also know that it is a combination of other minerals as well that helps. But this is why I ask... Seems on the Ranch (Las Campanas) that I help manage the protein is a huge factor in the antler growth, but at the same time... the ranches that have hogs on them as well that feed protein for deer normally have bigger than average teeth as well... It is just an assumption, but that is why I ask.

"Deer need both protein and minerals to grow their antlers. This is in contrast to horned animals whose horns are made of keratin (like fingernails), who do not shed, and who need only protein to grow their horns optimally."

"Ivory tusks and teeth consist of an inner pulp cavity surrounded by dentine. Dentine is a combination of mineralized connective tissues and collagen proteins. An external bony layer called cementum, commonly called bark or rind, covers the dentine."

Just a little insight... I figure if there were abnormal levels of protein around the area JP is hunting that it would make a difference. If there isn't then that theory goes out the window... LOL! and maybe is it what you've said just a calcium enriched environment Just an interesting thought and figured I'd ask because I do not know...  Grin

Sorry, I always sound like a butthead when I re- read what I wrote

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: