April 23, 2024, 02:31:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heart Worms  (Read 2656 times)
BadBoar30
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2009, 07:22:44 pm »

What do you suggest doing to prevent heart worms and/or treat heart worms...  None of my dogs have them, but i know this is something that needs to be taken seriously. let me know what you guys think

SssGet Aheaddd!
Wormy Dog Kennels
Alpha Dog

''Home Grown Like Tomatoes''

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2009, 07:43:23 pm »

I use IVOMEC cattle wormer,( one tenth of a cc per 44lbs) I have been using this for as long as I can remember, I have taking my dogs to the vet for parasite check and ever thing is parasite free, I also use strongid for the other worms,So once a month its one tenth of a cc of ivomec per 44lbs, and three cc's of strongid it really been working great. hope i could help.............WD

Wormy Dog (www.wormydogkennels.webs.com)
Proud T.D.H.A. member
aladatrot
Global Moderator
Boar Slayer

Circle C Australian Shepherds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2009, 11:24:54 pm »

Sometimes the ivomec can irritate the throat of the dogs which gives them a cough that mimics kennel cough. To lessen the chance of this happening, I draw up my dose of ivermectin and then add a few cc of flat dr pepper in the syringe.  The dark syrup coats the throat and I've not had any irritation in years. It's not just real common, but I have one dog that is sensitive to it.

Cheers!
M

At least I'm successful at doing nothing right. I guess it could be worse.
dabutcher
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 12:59:40 am »

Sometimes the ivomec can irritate the throat of the dogs which gives them a cough that mimics kennel cough. To lessen the chance of this happening, I draw up my dose of ivermectin and then add a few cc of flat dr pepper in the syringe.  The dark syrup coats the throat and I've not had any irritation in years. It's not just real common, but I have one dog that is sensitive to it.

Cheers!
M

could you just use like a dark Karo syrup??
Yeller
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 12:05:36 pm »

It's better 2 inject it under the skin

Game Bred Texas Raised!
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 02:55:33 pm »

The 500cc valbazen with 10-25cc ivomectin added to it shook up and then an avg of 3cc or so down there throat does the job as these other do i am sure but this way is very cheap.
matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 03:22:54 pm »

I do like Mani but I mix with cool aid, I may try the coke idea though because I have a dog that seems to bothered for a day or two after I give it to him.
Matt

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session" - Mark Twain (1866)

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"~Woodrow F. Call

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~Thomas Jefferson
cantexduck
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 08:23:13 pm »

The 500cc valbazen with 10-25cc ivomectin added to it shook up and then an avg of 3cc or so down there throat does the job as these other do i am sure but this way is very cheap.

This is the way i do it. It is about 50bucks for the valbazen, mix in some ivermec and you are good to go for about a year.

There's a coon, nevermind, thats Buster.

"So I pawned my lacy off to my girlfriend. That should teach her to meet men off match.com"
Rich.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: