April 18, 2024, 06:06:00 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Will Hog Dogging ever come Back to Sam Houston National Forest?
yes - 5 (31.3%)
no - 11 (68.8%)
Total Voters: 16

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Hog Dogging ever come Back to Sam Houston?  (Read 4146 times)
BOSS HOGG
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2012, 10:58:47 am »

Do u think It will ever be legal to run hog dogs in the SHNF again? If so how much longer till it happens? Is there anything we can do to help?

I gotta pack'a pigs Bayed tight in'a Bryar patch!! -945 BOAR BUSTERS-
big buc
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 04:25:24 pm »

I have been doing some checking on this.  This was put into place by the TPWD not the US forestry service.  We as Texans who like to use our national forest need to contact our state represenatives and state congress to let them know how we feel.  The game warden I talked to said it was because of the illegal deer hunting with dogs is what he had been told.  If it does come back it will be because of our efforts to preserve a part of our heritage that we still believe in.  Also contact the forestry service and voice your opinion.  The more we do the better chance we have of getting our forest back.

Respectfully,
Clif Buchanan
Txmason
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 07:31:27 am »

We might never see if because we can't get enough dog owners and hunters to stand together for our rights.

Votes help but a bunch of votes speak.

Douglas Mason
979-733-0578
www.txmasoncatahoulas.com
www.tdha.org
BOSS HOGG
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 11:43:10 am »

We might never see if because we can't get enough dog owners and hunters to stand together for our rights.

Votes help but a bunch of votes speak.
pm sent Mr.Mason.

I gotta pack'a pigs Bayed tight in'a Bryar patch!! -945 BOAR BUSTERS-
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 11:09:06 am »

Do u think It will ever be legal to run hog dogs in the SHNF again? If so how much longer till it happens? Is there anything we can do to help?

I SERIUOSLY DOUBT IT . AS OF NOW DUE TO THE OUTLAW HOGGERS TRASHING PROPERTY AND CUTTING FENCES WE ARE LOOSING THE CORPS OF ENGINERE LAND AROUND HERE . AS SAID BEFORE WE ARE OUR OWN WORST ENEMY .

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
BOBDOG
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 08:47:55 pm »

Well the new rule/map booklet is out and it still says it is not allowed. It is not because of illegal deer hunting with dogs. The could make it at night only. More people run deer with hounds than cur dogs and coon hunting is still allowed.
Curcross1987
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2012, 09:03:33 pm »

I dont think it has a chance it was explained very clearly why we cant hunt wmas or federal ground by federal game warden that snuck up on me with a pen full of live hogs while I on federal ground I don't even think about it ain't worth it
Miller Lite
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 09:13:19 pm »

If people would've stopped turnin hogs loose with thier ears hangin off an all tore to chit an didn't ride wheelers or anything an done it right then maybe we might've caught a break

Can you skin griz. pilgrim
Curcross1987
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 09:17:38 pm »

The place I was at you could ride four wheelers and coon hunt at night so I thought I might get a break I put mine in pens at the house didn't turn any loose but caught alot of barrs
captain
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 07:03:00 pm »

I dont think it has a chance it was explained very clearly why we cant hunt wmas or federal ground by federal game warden that snuck up on me with a pen full of live hogs while I on federal ground I don't even think about it ain't worth it
         What was it that he explained to you
Curcross1987
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 07:22:37 pm »

What was it that he explained to you

Well I had few pigs on my ranger he made very clear that if he caught me back on the federal land I was going to jail and I could get all my stuff back at the auction the reason he gave that we could not hunt was that people were moving to many hogs around making it harder to control their population
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: