April 18, 2024, 02:55:18 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hunting florida curs  (Read 25007 times)
ninja
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2009, 07:25:19 am »

You are so right pecos21.  I've lived in florida my whole life, have access to ranches and cowboy buddies and know who has the dogs and its still hard for me to get any.  The partin family never sells any and most of the other cowboys don't sell any.  Most people that say they have florida curs really don't.  A true florida cur is one that comes from lines like the partin, morgan, peeples, sellers, norfleet, or real cowboys that use their dogs daily to work cows and have been doing so for a long time and have developed working lines from more than 4 or 5 generations.  You can't cross a blackmouth and leopard and say its a florida cur because its in florida.  If you can't trace your dogs back to working cow dog lines then its probably not a florida cur.  As you can see from most of the pictures the dogs have a unique look. The most important thing about florida curs is that they are working dogs, never show dogs and the ones that don't work are culled.  This is what has made them what they are.  Anyone looking for any I would say don't, you'll never find one.  If you can find a cowboy that has one for sale you'd better jump on it. 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: