April 16, 2024, 09:59:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weatherford's Ben Gyp  (Read 1698 times)
Jeff
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2009, 08:47:55 pm »

grade Weatherford's Ben (supposedly - no papers but she looks the part) gyp, almost one year old.  Shawn and RIP took this dog out with our best two strike dogs one time, and she ran stride for stride with them all day long.  She even struck her own pig they think.

don't know much else about her except she's very timid, and runs wide open.

$250 no trial - she's a pup with no guarantee, but we think she'll make a hell of a dog for someone who don't mind a dog running open.

oh yeah one more thing, she'll track a pig, but won't bay really.  she'll get that with age and confidence if she's run with some solid dogs.

903-238-4581

Bryant
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 09:16:57 pm »

I'd really like to know about some of the dogs she's out of, as that would be the first time I've EVER heard of a foundation bred dog being open.  Can you find out more history?

Does she have a half-tail?

A truly rich man is one whose children rush to fill his arms even though his hands are empty.
shawn
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 06:39:02 am »

yeah she has a half tail, as far as her being open, it may have been a puppy thing, barkin because she was excited, or she maybe wide open..I don't much care for open dogs, so she wasn't invited back with us to find out, lol

Don't know much of her history, I traded a dog for her, the guy said she was weatherford ben, that's all we know. She was VERY busy in the woods with us, struck one on her own, and alerted on another when the other dogs did, that's when she started barking while she was chasing, on the one she struck and the one she alerted on with the other dogs.

I don't know is an open bark seperate from a chase, excited puppy bark?

Jeff
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 06:43:43 am »

thanks shawn.  can you pm the guy and see if he knows any more about her?
elliscountyhog
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 10:42:28 am »

I'd really like to know about some of the dogs she's out of, as that would be the first time I've EVER heard of a foundation bred dog being open.  Can you find out more history?

Does she have a half-tail?

I have heard and seen a couple! But like anydog now days who knows if they were REALLY from wheatherford ben line or ladner or who knows what they all look the same to me yellow with a black mask. $250 for a good lookin yellow bmc and has a lot of hunt, would probally save u some trouble shawn. Wink Grin

Hunt Hard or STAY HOME!
"If the dog won't leave and go look, I'm not wasting my time." Quoted by Bryant.
muleman
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 11:16:59 am »

I am interested in this female, can you tell me where the dog is located??

LOPIN MY MULE AND SCRATCHIN MY ASS!!!
Jeff
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 09:13:20 pm »

gilmer, tx
Jeff
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 10:44:59 am »

here she is Bar M
elliscountyhog
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 11:21:13 am »

Bar jeff is a good guy and i one of a FEW guys i would deal with on a dog deal.

Hunt Hard or STAY HOME!
"If the dog won't leave and go look, I'm not wasting my time." Quoted by Bryant.
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2009, 01:14:51 pm »

FYI bob cox goes by yellowdog on this forum has and currently breeds the tightest weatherford ben bmc's money can buy. He has the papers on all the dogs, can tell you all the history, the regeions they come from to tell if the papers are false or someone is b.s. ing you etc. John Wayne Ross the man who you send your papers into to register curs with is currently on yellowdogs waiting list for his next litter b/c when he Mr Ross registered yellowdogs last litter he said it was the tightest, best, line breeding he has seen in quite some time, and insisted on getting a pup from him. He doesn't advertize on this board to sell his pups simply b/c he doesnt have to, they go pretty quick at $500 a peice, but he will go out of his way to help anyone and his dogs have insane work ethic, even when they don't know what there hunting for as young 8-9 mo old dogs (bob starts em late) they are out 800 yards, i have personally witnessed this with severel of his pups, typically a good bit of grit as well on hogs or rank cattle. Not trying to kiss his butt however if any of yall are interested they are the real deal-get in line for one cause theres a wait.
Jeff
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2009, 02:05:33 pm »

thanks elliscounty.  thing is, i don't want a dog to go to someone who isnt gonna be happy with it.  i prefer to be honest about things like her shyness and the fact that she's probably gonna be wide open.  if the new owner/handler knows that up front and it's something they're willing to work with, the dog will be more likely to get a fair chance and be taken care of.

btw, she's now spoken for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: