|
Noah
|
 |
« on: July 09, 2012, 07:56:17 pm » |
|
... lately, I've been in conversation with individuals you would not believe hahaha... speaking on the phone with fellow dog men from the far side of the world...not always easy... but always entertaining lol... these conversations have brought a new understanding of how much I still do not yet understand in this amazing world and it quite simply excites and scares the hell out of me at the same time. One of my favorites, a dog a world away... but a supreme specimen...  I will add to this post
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Welcome to the Gun Show
Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
|
|
|
|
justincorbell
|
 |
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2012, 08:04:30 pm » |
|
That dog looks like he would destroy anything he came across!
"the sun is shining somewhere in texas" -Jason Boland
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
"stupids in the water these days, they're gonna drink it anyway." - Chris Knight
|
|
|
|
JRyanS
|
 |
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 08:15:18 pm » |
|
Paki Mastiff?
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
Noah
|
 |
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2012, 08:17:45 pm » |
|
It's amazing what is possible in form following function when the function part is continually improved upon for the last several thousand years... believe it or not, there are still parts of the world that breed for animals that we have only pathetic, inbred remnants of.
Many people would want a dog like this, but most would neither understand nor respect the fortitude required to create it.
Pakistani fighting dog, Gull Terr
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Welcome to the Gun Show
Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
|
|
|
|
justincorbell
|
 |
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2012, 08:19:43 pm » |
|
Don't matter what you call him lol thats 1 bad mamajama!!!
"the sun is shining somewhere in texas" -Jason Boland
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
"stupids in the water these days, they're gonna drink it anyway." - Chris Knight
|
|
|
|
Noah
|
 |
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012, 08:23:09 pm » |
|
Truly reinforces my idea, that two people can start on the opposite ends of the earth... given the same question... come up with the same answer... I love it.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Welcome to the Gun Show
Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
|
|
|
|
H.Wilson
|
 |
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 08:25:43 pm » |
|
Don't matter what you call him lol thats 1 bad mamajama!!!
"the sun is shining somewhere in texas" -Jason Boland
That ain't no joke better not turn him loose to a bay might kill all the dogs before he catches lol needless to say he is a good looking dog
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
It might be lonely at the top but it's a bitch on the bottom
|
|
|
|
BA-IV
|
 |
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2012, 08:30:38 pm » |
|
I'd feed him.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
Reuben
|
 |
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 08:54:59 pm » |
|
I will be the nay sayer just because I don't care for white dogs without pigment... The dog is built nicely...I see power and speed...but I see hearing problems, skin allergies, nasal allergies, eye allergies, and some skin cancer in the bloodline...but If they cull for color I will take a red cull... 
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Training dogs is not about quantity, it's more about timing, the right situations, and proper guidance...After that it's up to the dog... A hunting dog is born not made...
|
|
|
|
Noah
|
 |
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2012, 08:58:34 pm » |
|
Here is another picture that exemplifies the complexity of being able to relate to a culture so different from our own... An Afghan man and his prize posession... his best dog. A dog that not only has helped protect his livestock, his family... but is also about to represent his family name in the arena. Can you imagine the pride, the intensity of something like this 
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Welcome to the Gun Show
Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
|
|
|
|
justincorbell
|
I would love to be a fly on the wall at one of their arena's.
"the sun is shining somewhere in texas" -Jason Boland
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
"stupids in the water these days, they're gonna drink it anyway." - Chris Knight
|
|
|
|
Easttex91
|
I looked a few months ago to find the biggest meanest bite somebody's face off for no reason dog I could find and all the ones I liked best were in the middle east and it was incredibly hard and expensive to get one here.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
Noah
|
You just gotta know the right people brother 
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Welcome to the Gun Show
Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
|
|
|
|
JRyanS
|
You gonna get one or just researching stuff?
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
Noah
|
I'm not taking any more dogs on until I see what the line is all about in person...
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Welcome to the Gun Show
Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
|
|
|
|
Noah
|
Another that i have yet to gather all the facts on... a picture of Livestock Guardian Dogs from Iran... and yes, that is a camel lol...  
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Welcome to the Gun Show
Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
|
|
|
|
DWEST
|
I will be the nay sayer just because I don't care for white dogs without pigment... The dog is built nicely...I see power and speed...but I see hearing problems, skin allergies, nasal allergies, eye allergies, and some skin cancer in the bloodline...but If they cull for color I will take a red cull...  I'll agree with the lack of pigment, but there is a lil there (not much). Would def like to see some around the eyes, even if it was just the eye lids. And is it that they breed for color or thats just the way they turned out? If they are producing such well built dogs that act the way they are intended to, im sure color is further down the list for culling...especially in the beginging...right? (thinking out loud here) It's amazing what is possible in form following function when the function part is continually improved upon for the last several thousand years... believe it or not, there are still parts of the world that breed for animals that we have only pathetic, inbred remnants of.
Many people would want a dog like this, but most would neither understand nor respect the fortitude required to create it.
Pakistani fighting dog, Gull Terr
and it doesnt seem to take long to ruin a good thing. I'm not that old, but growing up i remember the good all around white bulldogs that people had...used for yard dogs, rough stock dogs, and or catch dogs. Then i heard people calling them american bulldogs (maybe its a south eastern thing, but they were just bull dogs when i was growin up and hearing grandparents talk). I got out of dogs for a while, but when i decided i wanted a bulldog around the house i started looking...and the "american bulldog" i was seeing wasnt what i remembered. But, oh well...i could talk about that all night...i finally found one that suited me, and he's doin ok. lil more leg and a lil narrower than i would like but is put together well. also...dad talks about my Papa having a line of boxers way back that were used for cows and hogs. Dad says he barely remembers but after he got rid of them...an ol cowboy came by the house that had got a couple pups years before...he wanted to get another pair, and when papa said no, he offered a lot of money...then papa explained he didnt have them anymore because he just didnt need them because he didnt have the time for them with workin so much...still after them to find pics of these gogs...and good luck finding a boxer like it sorry so long winded that is an awesome looking dog...lil less leg would be nice 
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
Reuben
|
Another that i have yet to gather all the facts on... a picture of Livestock Guardian Dogs from Iran... and yes, that is a camel lol...   that's a good looking red dog...
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Training dogs is not about quantity, it's more about timing, the right situations, and proper guidance...After that it's up to the dog... A hunting dog is born not made...
|
|
|
|
jakes
|
Noah correct me if I am wrong but Pakistan and Iran are the last places in the world that hold numbers of old tyme working bull terrier. Some would call them bull terr? From what I have gathered that is where the English BT was derived from?
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Genesis 27:3 Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me
|
|
|
|
Swine-Stalker
|
I have been noticing some of your Facebook stuff. When it says you like a video or picture I have to look at it. The videos are amazing, or should I say the speed and determination of the dogs in the videos are amazing. The pigs dont get away even with considerable jumps on the dogs. There was a couple times the dog would stumble and cut a couple flips, only to be nipping at the pigs heels seconds later... Built for speed and the drive to finish the package. Good thread Noah and great specimen too!
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
We'll all be equal under the grass, God's got a heaven for country trash
"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."
|
|
|
|