April 28, 2024, 11:07:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: for my religious friends...  (Read 9176 times)
RyanTBH
Hog Doom

www.texasboarhounds.com

View Profile WWW
« on: July 10, 2012, 01:10:14 pm »

This is a loaded subject for sure… and is something that I’ve talked/felt about very strongly with friends a few times. LOL! I will start by saying that the bible was written by man… Of course it is through “God’s vision”, but still interpreted and felt by man. And like it was said before, that pretty much leaves it to be passed on from generation to generation of watered down hearsay. Also, if you were to take a man nowadays, and have him say Jesus or God is speaking to me, and have them write a book and say that God said it… they would probably be considered crazy and be locked up…. Just saying…  So the Good Book, IMO, is probably not what is was meant to be when God passed on the information to man. With that being said, I think that God (or whatever you want to call him/her) exists. I do fear something that is greater than any living being, something bigger than myself, and something that I cannot explain.

My main question for that is… if so many people throughout the history of the planet have believed in something bigger than themselves, whether they called him Alah, Buda, Ja, Ra, God, Christ, Jesus, Jehovah, ect… and they did so, some at the same time, without talking to each other about it, or having a book, or news or ect, and being on completely different sides of the globe… would they be considered wrong according to devout Christians or other beliefs? Are they going to hell because they do not believe in God or Jesus? That is something that I do not like about organized religion! The fact and thought of, “you don’t believe in God (or what I believe in)”, is insulting… What if His name isn’t God? What if He doesn’t have a name because it’s already taken by some other religion? I’m not saying that is the way it is for me, but is something that I question.  Are they wrong about who/what they believe in?

I am a God fearing man, but to have to put a name on it, I would not… I talk to the man upstairs on my own time, and I ask for forgiveness, I know wrong from right, and try to live life the best that I can. From what I’ve experienced, this is what life is about and why it was given to us as a gift. To be here on this Earth, and to be the best person you can be, helping others and yourself, becoming a better person through your own experiences is MY meaning of life. To help the people that cannot help themselves and not expecting anything in return shows there is something bigger than you at hand. I take to time to pray for myself and others, and that doesn’t mean that I’m sitting at a church doing it… but does that mean that it is not heard? I do not think so… Does that mean I’m lesser of a person for it, or not as much a believer or as “loved” as the next person? I do not think so because who is to judge such a thing. I go over this a little more than I honestly would like to because of what I’ve seen in my short 27 years… I do know that I am here for a reason and that this life is a gift; but for me to say that I know who and what put me here (other than my parents) and why I am here would be a lie. This is why I just keep being myself, and give thanks where it’s due, and other than that, I’m just here! Grin

Sorry for the long winded reply…

Do work, make chit happen, and never stop moving forward.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: