October 01, 2026, 04:28:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Honda Four Trax 200 Type II  (Read 784 times)
jimco
Boar Slayer
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1180



View Profile
« on: August 04, 2012, 12:11:54 am »

I need a gas tank if anyone has one. Has anyone ever put a fiberglass patch on a bad metal tank ?
Logged

"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be. Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be. But PERFORMANCE indicates what the animal actually is."
halfbreed
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 4262


MR. Whitten


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 12:19:17 am »

no but i've patched many a fuel tank with JB WELD  i've used screen wire and the jb and patch a hole in the bottom side of a gas tank on an old car . the whole was about the size of a silver dollar . just clean it good and use like fiberglass . last forever
Logged

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
TexasTransplant
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 250



View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 12:31:51 am »

Another good thing I haves used is called Quick Steel, comes in a tube, a gray putty you kneed together and stick on.  Drys in about an hour is sandable and paint able and will hold up well, I used in on motor blocks, carburetors and other and stuff on my demolition derby cars.
Logged

Hunt, Hunt, Hunt!
mod93dirt
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 601



View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 12:45:18 am »

I used the quick steel on my oil pan on my dirt track car after it got a hole punched in it. I cleaned and degreased the damage spot real good, roughed it with some 80g sandpaper, and applied the quik steel. I ran that oil pan for two yrs like that and it never leaked a drop!
Logged

Show me a good loser and I will show you A loser!!
Reuben
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
**********
Offline Offline

Posts: 9507


View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 05:01:59 am »

I built a motor cycle block up that had a piece knocked off...did it with JB Weld...

but you can go to the auto parts store and they have a yellow and blue strip of some sort of epoxy kinda looks like strips of clay...just tear off what you need and mix it together and cover the hole...works pretty good...
Logged

Training dogs is not about quantity, it's more about timing, the right situations, and proper guidance...After that it's up to the dog...
A hunting dog is born not made...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!