April 19, 2024, 10:42:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can someone please explain???  (Read 1408 times)
muleman
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2009, 03:15:53 pm »

Just trying to educate myself here so dont anyone get all riled up. I would like for someone to explain to me what a "gator" pit or a "gator mouth" pit is?? I have seen that advertised every where. people selling gator pits. Now I have studied pit bull bloodlines for a while and the only two lines I can think that this may refer to is Crenshaw's Gator , or Plumbers Alligator. If this is the case and these dogs they are selling are out of either of these lines, (which I doubt) they are selling these "gator" pits too cheap.

Or... is this a whole other breed of dog I dont know about. I saw some APBT/Gator pits for sale on the dog trade. Anyone that can clear this up please help....then maybe we can talk about how a mostly white dog with a pink nose can be a "rednose" Huh?

LOPIN MY MULE AND SCRATCHIN MY ASS!!!
cantexduck
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 03:32:04 pm »

Arnt gator lines some old scholl dog fighting blood?

On the topic of the pink nose white "rednose". That is about par. ALOT of people like to think they have something when in fact they dont. Most big BMC always seem to be Ben.......names sell dogs. I cant afford a weatherford puppy. There were some Wright blood pups for sale a while back. From what people have told me, they are sure enough dogs. I think they were priced at 500 a pup.

There's a coon, nevermind, thats Buster.

"So I pawned my lacy off to my girlfriend. That should teach her to meet men off match.com"
Rich.
Scott
Boar Slayer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 04:52:18 pm »

Just trying to educate myself here so dont anyone get all riled up. I would like for someone to explain to me what a "gator" pit or a "gator mouth" pit is?? I have seen that advertised every where. people selling gator pits. Now I have studied pit bull bloodlines for a while and the only two lines I can think that this may refer to is Crenshaw's Gator , or Plumbers Alligator. If this is the case and these dogs they are selling are out of either of these lines, (which I doubt) they are selling these "gator" pits too cheap.

Or... is this a whole other breed of dog I dont know about. I saw some APBT/Gator pits for sale on the dog trade. Anyone that can clear this up please help....then maybe we can talk about how a mostly white dog with a pink nose can be a "rednose" Huh?

My understanding is that the gator mouth (or crocker mouth as it's known in some parts) is just BYBs trying to make a buck off a name.

No where have I ever heard that they go back to Plumber or Crenshaw...
Pecos21
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 05:10:50 pm »

It is just someone trying to sell pups Muleman.....they want folks to think they go back to Crenshaw's gator......but it is used lots by back yard breeders.

Here is Gator's Pedigree....

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/modules.php?name=Public&file=printPedigree&dog_id=110
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 06:29:31 pm »

My freind says he has one because it has a longer snout like a aligator and it and its puppies do have a different look than a regular pit. kind of like the difference b/w a bully breed vs the american vs the real small game bred ones, they are more popular around lousiana i have noticed but never heard of a man charging more for one, its prob just due to whatever long snouted spud mckenzie dog they crossed in its blood lines a while back Wink I would never pay more for one, these back yard breeders need to cull Evil
Box R Outfitters
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 08:34:40 pm »

hey mule man if its the mouth i guess i got some gator mules cause some of my riding mules have big mouths  haha  just joking

I won't lie,cheat or steal nor tolerate those who do !!!!
muleman
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 08:51:15 pm »

Pecos, Im very familiar with the bloodlines. I see so many people that "raise" the breed and dont know a thing about it. I have asked every person that I ever met selling "gator" pits and no one has ever been able to give me a definition that I bought. Same with the white, pink nosed, pits that are supposed to be "rednose" A true rednose dog is red even red toenails, and amber eyed.

Boxr, I know what you mean!! just finished feeding the mules and they were singin about it!!!

chancebrown
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 08:56:44 pm »

well the litter of pups i got ther daddy is a Gator mouth pit. He was born and raised in Flordia and he has a big mouth and an extremely large head. I was told a gator mouth is the best for fighting and im not saying that there is a difference im just going by wat i was told and that is what i am sticking to
muleman
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 09:00:10 pm »

Chancebrown, I am not saying you dont have a gator mouth pit... I just dont know what it is. I am sure they are great dogs. Do you have a picture of the daddy??

muleman
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 09:03:15 pm »

chancebrown, I will have to say, I looked at your ad and those are some damn nice pups!!

chancebrown
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 09:06:40 pm »

i dont. but he is at my house right now along with his owner. i would go out and take pics of him but my camera just bit the dust   that makes 5 this year lol. im not saying the dogs are anything more speical than an ab or a rednose or an apbt, but im just going off the info i was told about him, he is the best catch dog i think i have ever seen but that doesnt mean that all "gator" mouth pits are that way. im just telling you what i know and that is all. im not trying to offend any one or make them think i kno every thing(which i am far from) lol. thanx for the comment on the pups
Pecos21
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 06:17:20 am »

Pecos, Im very familiar with the bloodlines. I see so many people that "raise" the breed and dont know a thing about it. I have asked every person that I ever met selling "gator" pits and no one has ever been able to give me a definition that I bought. Same with the white, pink nosed, pits that are supposed to be "rednose" A true rednose dog is red even red toenails, and amber eyed.

Boxr, I know what you mean!! just finished feeding the mules and they were singin about it!!!

I figured you were Muleman..... Grin I just put it out there for general info........ Grin The best catch dog I ever owned (and Big Un seems to be a real good one too, I just didn't use him to his full potential.....LOL) was 3/4 pit 1/4 Walker Hound. I paid $25.00 for her, got from an ol' boy down in Athens and she caught hogs for me for 7 years. She got her K9's knocked out so I had to retire her. She was an old lady when she passed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: