March 29, 2024, 09:08:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bumper for a Tacoma...  (Read 1968 times)
Russ
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2008, 04:57:26 pm »

Well I went hog hunting last nite "Kinda", Me, my Taco-ma and a 230lb barr decide to be in the same place at the same time. Me and my truck won by a slim margin  :Smiley.

QUESTION is.... does anyone know of a company that makes a full replacement for a '04 Tacoma? I been on the phone with a company named Tough Country out of El Campo and I got one guy there trying to help out since I've seen my body style truck wearing one of they're full replacements but the sure there, well they're not to sure if it can, since they made them for '05 models and up Huh?

So anybody know any good leads???

uva uvam videndo varia fit
Like having my own little fuzzy convict, he steals, is violent and from what I saw him doing to his teddy bear obviously sexually frustrated.
matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 05:53:54 pm »

I would try to get Tough Country to make you one.  I really like the other bumpers they make alot.  I made a rear bumper for my 92 Yota but that is obviously much simpler to do then trying to get the curves and such down for the front to look right.  I would see what they could make for you, I think you will be pleased.

Matt

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session" - Mark Twain (1866)

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"~Woodrow F. Call

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~Thomas Jefferson
sbrooks
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 01:18:35 am »

Hey russ what's going on.  I think ARB makes full replacements for tacos but im not sure.  Hey are you staying over on Kennedy street just west of Wanda.  I have been seeing a tacoma with dog boxes in the back over there on my way to school in the mornings.
Russ
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 10:43:44 am »

That's me Grin. Yea I've seen a few ARB bumpers but I'm not to impressed with them, That company needs to say in the snorkel and locker side of off-road instead of bumpers, but that's just me and what I've seen

Matt that's what I'm thinking, the BIL is getting better at welding, but my sister would want her two cents in and I don't want them. BUT I'm thinking that if they got to make a '05 bumper, then just have them not blow the holes in the plate and then mount it myself.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 10:45:35 am by Russ » Logged

Like having my own little fuzzy convict, he steals, is violent and from what I saw him doing to his teddy bear obviously sexually frustrated.
Russ
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 11:31:29 am »

Well Tough Country couldn't help with out doing custom work and it wasn't cheap. I found a place in Arizona that makes a decent bumper that looks to be better made then the ARB ones so we'll see here in the next few days what's going to happen.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: