April 29, 2024, 06:37:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Clue's Cowboy offspring  (Read 1910 times)
BIG BEN
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2012, 05:53:03 am »

Just wondering how there doing for some of the lucky ones that got a pup out of ole Cowboy? Ive got 2 left, one is doing outstanding and will make a fine dog in a lil more time, the other I havent started yet but has the drive to make something of herself. Post some pics of them if you have them.

hunt em hard, give em no excuses, and cull harder!!!!!
"Rather have a sister in a whore house than spots on a dog"
"Pretty is as pretty does"- BigO
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 06:23:11 am »

Where's your pictures  Grin

Cowboy was probably one of the best looking yeller dogs I've seen pictures of, did his offspring take after him at all?
JoshStokley
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2012, 07:27:41 am »

Yea looks like you forgot yours Ben.  Are you hunting this weekend?  I was thinking about calling Bob and trying to head out that way.

Bottom is the determination to finish a task at all cost, even his life.
hogdog05
Strike Dog

TDHA member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 09:11:38 am »

Ben I like the two that i have.  Guess they are turning 2.  Mine i use on cattle.  They both are doing pretty good.  Now i will tell you this.  Not trying to give em any excuses, but this is my first set of dogs to train on cattle.  I am learning just as they are.  I know my lack of knowledge in training dogs on cattle has held them back.  But hey we all gotta start somewhere.  After some serious thought i decieded to try and keep em short ranged dogs.  Smaller ranches around here.  And put alittle more handle on them.  Only for reasons of not getting on other peoples cattle and if they do being able to get them off easyier.  People around here ain't used to seeing dogs on cattle and will shoot one quick.  Dang Dallas ranchers.  I have kept them beside me till i see cattle or will let em hunt a little ways out.  If we are traveling i do expect em to take a track if we come across one and go yonder at that point.  Just not casting em like we're used to.  All in all pretty good dogs but i believe they should be a little further in their ability.  And for that i will blame myself. 

This is Cowgirl
CowboyXBlue eyed dog

Smoke

Brandon Taylor
214-347-3564  Scurry, TX
H)-(H
Hardcore Hog Hunters
BIG BEN
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 09:38:04 am »

ill try to get some pics of them today.

hunt em hard, give em no excuses, and cull harder!!!!!
"Rather have a sister in a whore house than spots on a dog"
"Pretty is as pretty does"- BigO
rspivey
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2012, 08:25:01 pm »

I have a male off Cowboy and Clues Sue gyp who is making a dog, his name is Tyson a black and tan. He is 16 months old and making a hand for sure. I also bred the last gyp to Cowboy before he passed, clue has a pair and the rest are with myself and close friends. They just turned a year old and seem to be headed down the right path. Ol Cowboy was not only a class act as a cattle dog but was very prepotent .
W-tate
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2012, 10:38:40 pm »

i dont have one but i sure do like the looks of the one bob cox has i think he named him otis  he is a fine lookin dog

Well, the devil made me do it the first time The second time I done it on my own
Lord, put a handle on a simple headed man And help me leave that black rose alone
cur-dog
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2012, 10:43:04 pm »

My two are coming along nicely.

The more I see of the people's representatives, the more I like my dogs.
jdt
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2012, 03:42:59 pm »

one thing about old cowboy ,he damn shore puts the runnin gear under em . i wouldn't take 10,000$ for my 3, they've paid for themselves many times over - and they ain't even 2 yet !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: