April 24, 2024, 11:41:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone build custom hd dog kennels/pens??  (Read 8596 times)
crackerc
Alpha Dog

Monkey....gone but never forgotten! RIP

View Profile WWW
« on: October 11, 2012, 07:54:25 pm »

Look up Behlen Magnum kennels. They manufacture livestock panels, feeders and such but make a real good kennel too that holds up to rough dogs. Your local large feed store should be able to get them.

They offer both Powder Coated and Galvanized. Spend the extra money and get the Galvanized ones if you buy them. The Powder Coated ones WILL rust out in about 2-3 years if you have male dogs in them. I went through three 10' x 10' pens before I figured out to buy the Galvanized ones. My pens are now 8-9 years old and not a spot of rust.

I custom ordered the front panel to have a door at each end and put an extra panel down the middle so I have (2) 5' x 10' runs. I can't pen my dogs together , so this works for me.

I can't use chain link pens, my dogs chew through them and will beat you to the truck. So I wanted a pen to put them in that I KNEW they would be in when I got back. These fit the bill. They are pricey, a standard 10' x 10' pen will run about $1,000. But if you think enough of your dogs, they are worth the money.

Florida cur dogs for almost half a century....now I know I am old!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: