March 28, 2024, 12:07:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: need help asap  (Read 779 times)
bryanmcc
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2009, 02:37:01 pm »

what should i do if a dog over heats was thanking about giving some peadilite or should i take to vet any advice is appreciated
matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2009, 04:00:23 pm »

You need to adminitster the pedialite as soon as he over heats and or give electrolites.  This time of year it is a good idea to carry it with you when you go hunting.  If the dog is acting like he is still out of it and you don't know how to administer an iv then you may consider a trip to the vet to get some fluids back in him.  Keep him cool and make sure he keeps drinking.
MG

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session" - Mark Twain (1866)

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"~Woodrow F. Call

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~Thomas Jefferson
HWK
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 09:02:59 pm »

a dog that was overheated will hardly drink enough water or electrolites its prob. best to start some lactated ringers IV.
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 02:58:22 pm »

I have a diplomait in nutrition and can give you several options in great detail if you want some really good cost effective cures send me a pm with your # and I will help all I can. For basic advise you are better off getting your dog loaded up on minerals previous to hunting him,(2-3 days and the day of your hunt minimum) I like horse dex salt (gatorade for horses)-makes em drink more h2o, and apple cider vinegar, and banannas, or raw eggs and there shell, more than pedialite, but they all are decent,and a combo wouldnt be a bad idea.

The main problem with heat stroke is a most commonly a mineral defeciancy. The the second is a vit F. defeciancy, When you get sun light it causes/activates vitamin d to move the minerals in your gut to your blood stream for muscle use, then vitamin F then takes it from your blood stream and puts them into your soft tissue and muscles. A break down at any part of this causes heat stroke, not enough water causes the the blood to get thick and coagulated making this process harder on the body. don't give your dogs or yourselves synthetic store bought vitamins they make this worse whole food nutrition or whole food pills are the only answer.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: