April 19, 2024, 08:19:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Happening in Bryan, Texas  (Read 1499 times)
Txmason
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« on: June 06, 2009, 07:49:29 am »

June 5, 2009
Heads up in Bryan, Texas!

http://www.kbtx.com/local/headlines/46854977.html
(There's a link to the ordinance proposal at the URL).  Bryan has no pet
limits now.
In a nutshell, the proposal has 3 components to it:

(1) limit of 4 to the number of dogs + cats (combined) that a household may
have.

(2) limit the number of days to 3 the animal shelter may hold a pet before
destroying it.

(3) give animal control officers the ability to enter a home *without a
warrant.*

Douglas Mason
979-733-0578
www.txmasoncatahoulas.com
www.tdha.org
muleman
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 08:06:09 am »

This only gives them the right to enter "animal establishments" which would be pet stores, groomers, etc. When you are issued a permit, you are consenting to allow inspection. Same as restauraunts and health inspectors. Every city ordinance I have read, allows for this. They still cannot enter your home without a warrant. And I would susspect that they cannot enter a fenced backyard without one either. unless it is a matter of public safety. such as, chasing an agressive dog or an animal suspected of rabies or having contact with rabies into the yard.

(c) Inspection; power to enter premises. It shall be a condition of issuance of any permit provided herein that the permitting for an animal establishment that the licensing authority shall be permitted to inspect any and all animals and the premises where such animals are kept at any reasonable time during normal business hours. Where a permit is revoked for any cause, or pending appeal or any such action, the licensing permitting authority shall have power of entry on the premises and into all areas where animals are being kept.

LOPIN MY MULE AND SCRATCHIN MY ASS!!!
wildboarusa
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 09:21:43 pm »

Thanks for the heads up Mr Mason!!!  Looking forward to seeing you at the Bremond Bay Contest saturday. I have a feeling that target dog u trained for me might just bay a bit.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: