April 27, 2024, 11:34:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: anyone hunt with a Spanish Alano Espanol ?  (Read 10537 times)
NEGEORGIA-HOGHUNTER
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 13, 2017, 08:01:47 pm »

I am researching by asking someone posting  and starting a thread with knowledge of an interesting breed . II'm curious , since they  came with the settlers, where are the purebred examples of the breed here in the new world?  Were the pure lines diluted over time? I suspect thats what happened.
As we communicate I am reading the latest book published in Spain regarding the history of the Alanos and the project that began in 1980 to find the best stock that was still in Spain and save the breed. Since the project began with hunter breeders the breed has made a very good come back. The purest stock is registered with S.E.F.C.A.  You will find many Alanos that have been crossed with other breeds in the other registries. Extremely difficult to obtain S.E.F.C.A Alanos to take out of the country. I have to promise to abide by their rules and breed according to their beliefs. I also have to make breeding stock available to go back as they increase breeding of only the best stock.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: