March 29, 2024, 07:10:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The HDTT - HOG DOG TOURNAMENT TRAIL - 2013  (Read 9374 times)
Ron
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 01, 2013, 09:05:53 pm »

Enough with all of this, lets just catch hogs!!!! 

If you ain't doing what you love, you ain't living!!!
Bump
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 10, 2013, 01:51:14 pm »

Im a little late on throwing my 2 cents in....

I do not barr hogs and do not have barrs in my area. I may have caught one barr hog in my life. I believe the practice of barring and catching barrs are regional in the state. Just like sticking hogs and tieing.

I think it is done for the meat but also for the future catch of a large hog or large teeth. While some may do it for the contest and it is possible it is done for contest benefits...it is primarily done for the trophy aspect of catching a big toothy hog.

No matter the reason I will say I dont care when it comes to the tournaments if they are allowed. Everyone has different ideas and changes are going to effect everyone differently. No matter the situation you will hear from the unhappy.

I believe the tournaments are not awarding the real champion..... and the solution is easy to satisfy all regions of the state and its hunters.

First place should be awarded to the most hogs caught in the tournament. (money + buckles)
Heaviest 3-5 is money + buckles (with or without barrs)

Just my opinion

Rex Bumpus
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: