April 19, 2024, 01:20:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bird bulls  (Read 3496 times)
buddylee
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2013, 05:23:54 pm »

EP
Bowtech99
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2013, 05:33:12 pm »

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=451949

Local ad. . . .
firemedic
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2013, 08:11:42 pm »

I do believe that the Campbell cur is a bird/bulldog cross. They're from down buddylee's way I think. Close friend has some and had a female that was an excellent hog dog but rough as a cob......surprised she lived to be an older dog. He's had several over the years....just like all breeds, some good ones, some not as good and some not worth fooling with. I had one I got from him as a pup, she just was slow to get started and had some weird ways that I didn't cater to so I gave her back to him. Like buddylee said though,....lost of the guys I know from south GA hunt bird/bulldog crosses and swear by them.....not at them. Cheesy

It's easy to judge the character of a man,....by how he treats those that can do nothing for him.
Florida Curdog
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2013, 09:52:09 pm »

I've hunted with a couple that were jam up  Cool  Full of energy and all catch

Smiling like a killer
hansonw
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2013, 10:52:44 pm »

I have seen people just breed a random bulldog to a random pointer and make some fine dogs. I got two full blooded gsps. Had some Campbell's. my hunting partner has a bird bull and a bird bull/ Campbell cross. Few guys around here run nothing but Campbell's. most are pretty catchy especially if two are together. Of course it's hard to beat a good line breed cur but its hard to beat the hunt of birdog. German shorthair,Weimaraner and English pointers. Never really delt with the setters
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: