March 29, 2024, 08:50:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Barrs:   TDHA Hunting Contest
Yes, Barrs should be allowed - 64 (53.8%)
No, Barrs should not be allowed - 31 (26.1%)
I don't care, I'll hunt the contest with or without Barrs - 24 (20.2%)
Total Voters: 119

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ******POLL*******Barrs: TDHA Hunting Contest  (Read 12148 times)
sdillard
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2012, 01:34:51 pm »

"Another thing why is everyone keep talking about and preaching that these barrs are sooooo good to eat is why we do it??  I call BS on that, we catch and release for a sport bottom line...  DOn't try to fool me, ive been catching and releasing for years but didn't start barring till this year...  Didn't ever see the point till i started enentering these hunts last year.  I catch and do guided hunts more ofter than most and I'm not an enternet hog dogger...  I don't understand everyone for bars speaking of the taste...  Get you a 100 pound sow and throw her on the smoker or in a hole..  We are doing it for the money and the sport."

People been cutting boar hogs way before these tournament came about. And it was so they could go brag about how big a hog they caught.

Work on em son, work on em
sdillard
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2012, 01:35:40 pm »

And it WAS NOT so they could go brag about how big a hog they caught

shsu11
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2012, 01:47:52 pm »

Another thing why is everyone keep talking about and preaching that these barrs are sooooo good to eat is why we do it??  I call BS on that, we catch and release for a sport bottom line...  DOn't try to fool me, ive been catching and releasing for years but didn't start barring till this year...  Didn't ever see the point till i started enentering these hunts last year.  I catch and do guided hunts more ofter than most and I'm not an enternet hog dogger...  I don't understand everyone for bars speaking of the taste...  Get you a 100 pound sow and throw her on the smoker or in a hole..  We are doing it for the money and the sport.. 

Good luck to everyone this season cause my protien feed BOARS are going to break the scale! 

Have you ever eaten Barr hog? It is hands down my favorite wild game meat to eat! We've been cutting barrs long before these tournaments and not for sport either. I was raised to eat what I kill and I am not going to eat a boar hog. So, I cut them hoping to catch them at a later date when they will make a great meal!

"The only chance that boy has at an education is to listen to me talk." Augustis Mckray

"If you find a path with no obstacles, then it probably doesn't lead anywhere."
Frank A. Clark
txhogsanddogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2012, 02:19:26 pm »

Another thing why is everyone keep talking about and preaching that these barrs are sooooo good to eat is why we do it??  I call BS on that, we catch and release for a sport bottom line...  DOn't try to fool me, ive been catching and releasing for years but didn't start barring till this year...  Didn't ever see the point till i started enentering these hunts last year.  I catch and do guided hunts more ofter than most and I'm not an enternet hog dogger...  I don't understand everyone for bars speaking of the taste...  Get you a 100 pound sow and throw her on the smoker or in a hole..  We are doing it for the money and the sport.. 

Good luck to everyone this season cause my protien feed BOARS are going to break the scale! 

Have you ever eaten Barr hog? It is hands down my favorite wild game meat to eat! We've been cutting barrs long before these tournaments and not for sport either. I was raised to eat what I kill and I am not going to eat a boar hog. So, I cut them hoping to catch them at a later date when they will make a great meal!

Well when i catch one of mine i will have to try it instead of saving it for a tournament.  Thats sounds like a great plan.   Evil

Proud TDHA Member!
sdillard
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2012, 04:47:37 pm »

Well when i catch one of mine i will have to try it instead of saving it for a tournament.  Thats sounds like a great plan.   Evil

Thats what most people that catch them do.

red79
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2012, 12:58:10 pm »

I have a question last yr in the tdha contest how many Barr hogs did the winner wiegh In?
fatboy outfitters
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2012, 01:52:06 pm »

We didn't turn in any
red79
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2012, 03:23:27 pm »

What about 2nd and 3rd place if I am not mistaking there was a team that turned In 3 or 4 Barrs in there 5 biggest last yr
ROCKIN-B-HOG DOGS
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2013, 09:15:29 pm »

I've been hunting for 10 yrs now and never caught a Barr

ROCKIN-B-HOG DOGS
)(Cmoore)(
Catch Dog

TX Double Bar M

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2013, 10:01:33 pm »

I have been have been hunting 14 years now and never ever caught a barr I would get kick right off my places if I did that

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2
jbaros
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2013, 09:23:58 pm »

I catch and cut boars all year and love to catch a good barr just like the next hog hunter. This is what I see the problem is with having them in a tournament, not everybody can or has the country to cut boars and re-catch them so that gives them a disadavanage. We all know how big a barr can get and how fast it happens with the right feed. A boar hog will not gain weight that fast even with the right feed. I have entered any many tournaments and have won and lost with a barr. But here is the catch in the tournaments HOGS ARE NOT TO BE PRE-HANDELED BEFORE THE TOURNMENT.... There is no way around that with barr hogs. I do think there needs to be a side pot for biggest barr.
clint
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 10, 2013, 08:59:09 am »

Hi, my names Clint and I voted for Barrs Grin

Quality over Quantity!

You gotta cut the boars to catch the Barrs.

Get Ahead Son!
cward
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 10, 2013, 08:04:16 pm »

Hi, my names Clint and I voted for Barrs Grin
well the man has spoke. They call him the Barr master. I doubt Clint has hunted any competition but if he did I would sure feel I would need to step my game up to compete against the best of the best. Hope all is well Clint. There are barrs all in his country and they did it for the meat.

Hog hunting can start more crap than anything I have ever seen!(HDLCrystal)
Remember John Wayne was just an actor the real cowboys is who he looked up to..........
clint
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 10, 2013, 11:25:57 pm »

Idk about Barr master but we sure do like working some boar hogs every once in a while. It burns me up about everyone thinking people do it just for teeth or to win contest. One of the places I hunt has hogs worked on it for 80+ years. Yes there are a lot of barrs but there are also a lot of boar hogs. Enough to keep us busy anyways. I turn just as many Barr hogs loose each year as I do freshly cut boar hogs. The only reason I hunt is to see my dogs work and have a good time. At the most we take out 3-4 Barrs a year for meat. I cut boar hogs not to impress anybody but for the simple fact as to that they are the best eating in the woods.

Quality over Quantity!

Get Ahead Son!
crj4926
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2013, 12:12:39 pm »

I want to catch a Barr haha
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2013, 04:20:56 pm »

Then just don't ever kill another boar.

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2013, 05:22:58 pm »

You gotta cut em to catch em  Wink

Don't wait on other people to do all the work.
clint
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2013, 12:03:24 pm »

You are correct sir!

Quality over Quantity!

Get Ahead Son!
BARRMAKER
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2013, 06:22:02 pm »

Sounds like some people should just keep there dogs on a chain and don't enter.
txhogsanddogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2013, 04:13:21 pm »

You gotta cut em to catch em  Wink

Thats a great statement right there!  Evil

Proud TDHA Member!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: