October 07, 2026, 04:04:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: it just keeps getting worst for me  (Read 13503 times)
M Bennet
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 3674


LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S


View Profile
« on: December 18, 2012, 08:58:02 pm »

i called the boss today to ask about my x-mas bonus and i dont get one cause im hurt, but still employed there and then he tells me if im not back in 12 wks to go back to work i loose my job. wtf,  i give 7 yrs to this company and im senior back hoe operator . well ill draw unenployment and hunt . life is so fun how one minenute everything is fine and in just a blink of a eye how it can change
Logged

Monty Bennet
BA-IV
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 3570


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 09:10:07 pm »

Count you're blessings man, and put a smile on your face. 

It don't make things better but it sure brings a smile to your face in troubled times.  Everything happens for a reason  Wink
Logged
Easttex91
Boar Slayer
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1209


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 09:11:29 pm »

If u wanna come down south I can probably get u operating on a pipeline crew mr Monty
Logged
J.Prince
Boar Slayer
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1010



View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 09:12:43 pm »

Dang Monty sorry to hear that. Loyalty just doesn't seem to exist anymore. I'm sure everything will work out for you though.
Logged
mod93dirt
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 601



View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 09:15:36 pm »

Man that some BS.  Sorry to hear that. You weren't hurt all year to earn that bonus.

Need to call cousin Eddie and have him take care of it Griswold style!
Logged

Show me a good loser and I will show you A loser!!
Rick B
Bay Dog
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 53


View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 09:22:56 pm »

After receiving that news I bet that really makes you won't to go back to work for that employer. We are all day labors anymore. Here today and gone tomorrow regardless how good of an employee you are. Its all about the dollar. Take care of you self.     
Logged

Beware of the man who only carries one gun. HE PROBABLY KNOWS HOW TO USE IT!!!
fonzie
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 939



View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 10:26:17 pm »

Oh that sounds like the A-hole boss I had... It sucked my last day there made me let 10 guys go... When I asked about my job security he says oh you don't have nothing to worry about two hours later bye bye fonzie .... It happens hope for the best for you and your family brother... Oh and ne ready for tamales and carnitas (no wild pork in them) lol
Logged
SwampHunter
Boar Slayer
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1424



View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 10:28:52 pm »

dang that sucks hate to hear that monty
Logged
Blake F
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 219



View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2012, 07:43:17 am »

Are you drawing disablility right now? If not, look into it. I dont know that they can fire you if you are hurt. Did you get hurt on the job? If so, its workmans comp and you cant get fired.
Logged

Blake Fanning
M Bennet
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 3674


LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S


View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 08:22:49 am »

didnt get hurt on the job
Logged

Monty Bennet
Circle C
Administrator
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 5372


WWT Official Scorer


View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 08:37:25 am »

i called the boss today to ask about my x-mas bonus and i dont get one cause im hurt, but still employed there and then he tells me if im not back in 12 wks to go back to work i loose my job. wtf,  i give 7 yrs to this company and im senior back hoe operator . well ill draw unenployment and hunt . life is so fun how one minenute everything is fine and in just a blink of a eye how it can change

It's a shame the employer is not considerate of of the previous 11 months regarding the bonus...  However,  I'll never understand the concept of being mad about something, so your are going to draw unemployment and hunt.  Because you got screwed over by your boss, you now think it's right to screw over the taxpayers... If you are well enough to hunt, you can darn sure find a job rather than milking unemployment.

I remember when I was real young, and I was told "two wrongs don't make a right", I'm pretty sure that applies here.

Logged

Never get too busy making a living that you forget to make a life.
cscott
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 335


View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 08:48:23 am »

He payed money in on unemployment for the last 8 years and the company is going to have to pay the other part.
Logged
M Bennet
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 3674


LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S


View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2012, 08:48:30 am »

mr c , i still have 5 months before the doc will release me to go back to work, so iv payed my taxes to and im going to use it until he releases me in july to go back to work. iv worked sence i was 17 raising a family, once in my life i get hurt and need the time off to heal .
and about the part of me going hunting , concist of me riding around in the passenger seat while one of my friends drives me around . and i promise mr c when i get released ill be back to operating a backhoe. but for now iv got to do what i can to help my wife and kids out and if that means using some of yur tax money than i thank you for helping us until i get released
Logged

Monty Bennet
Circle C
Administrator
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 5372


WWT Official Scorer


View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2012, 09:05:44 am »

mr c , i still have 5 months before the doc will release me to go back to work, so iv payed my taxes to and im going to use it until he releases me in july to go back to work. iv worked sence i was 17 raising a family, once in my life i get hurt and need the time off to heal .
and about the part of me going hunting , concist of me riding around in the passenger seat while one of my friends drives me around . and i promise mr c when i get released ill be back to operating a backhoe. but for now iv got to do what i can to help my wife and kids out and if that means using some of yur tax money than i thank you for helping us until i get released



I know of too many jobs that don't require physical labor, I'd be asking my doc to release me to light duty asap...   I'm not in your shoes, and certainly don't know all of your situation... Just reading the part about drawing a check and hunting rubbed me wrong.

I guess we just have to agree to disagree...

Good hunting, and hope you mend soon.

Logged

Never get too busy making a living that you forget to make a life.
M Bennet
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 3674


LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S


View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2012, 09:21:31 am »

i did ask for lite duty and after 8 wks i can , and told my boss that and he said we have no lite duty, iv never been the type of person to be lazy, and im sorry if i rubbed you the wrong way , but if you havent read the hole book than you shouldnt be judging the hole book , good hunting to you
Logged

Monty Bennet
KevinN
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 3318


8173003241


View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2012, 09:51:58 am »

Sorry to hear that Monty. I hope things get worked out. Ill say a prayer.
Logged

"Let's talk some philosophy"
RL
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 573


View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2012, 10:03:52 am »

well ill draw unenployment and hunt

However,  I'll never understand the concept of being mad about something, so your are going to draw unemployment and hunt.  Because you got screwed over by your boss, you now think it's right to screw over the taxpayers... If you are well enough to hunt, you can darn sure find a job rather than milking unemployment.

I remember when I was real young, and I was told "two wrongs don't make a right", I'm pretty sure that applies here.

Many posters on the forum feel that too many people take from the government when they could contribute instead.  I was wondering if anyone would be rubbed wrong by the initial statement.  I think it was written in frustration  ...  and maybe lacked in explanation.  It could lead to the conclusion that you were going to take unemployment and hunt because you were frustated and angry.

This is the struggle we have in this country.  We should help those that need it  ...  especially temporarily.  Yet we shouldn't help those that are capable of providing for themselves and choose not to.  On a case by case basis we can make these determinations  ...  but when you write laws and rules and regulations to try to accomplish that it is prone to abuse.

I hope you get better.  I hope you are able to resume working.  In the interim, I don't mind us taxpayers assisting you.
Logged
RL
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 573


View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 10:17:51 am »

He payed money in on unemployment for the last 8 years and the company is going to have to pay the other part.

Actually, he didn't.  Employees do NOT pay any taxes related to unemployment.  Only employers pay the state unemployment taxes (SUTA) and the federal unemployment taxes (FUTA).  The maximum an employer pays for Texas SUTA is 7.35% on $9,000 of wages  ...  which is $662.  The average SUTA rate in Texas is 1.82% which means $164.  The maximum an employer pays for FUTA is .6% on $7,000 of wages  ...  or $42.  All of these are annual limits and amounts.
Logged
MOhogger
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 213



View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 10:19:49 am »

That sucks Monty. Hope it all works out for ya buddy.
Logged
Circle C
Administrator
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 5372


WWT Official Scorer


View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2012, 10:27:26 am »

I hired two guys this summer.  Both were hired on a temp basis. It was understood up front, that I needed some temporary help in the warehouse, and the jobs would only last a few weeks. Both guys filed for unemployment against my company.  I don't want my rating to increase, so I wrote the letters and filled out the forms, hoping they were denied.


Now I need another temp employee, but I am hesitant to hire, due to the abuse of the system.


Seems the system may be flawed, when I have a legitimate need for an employee, but don't want to hire one because of the unemployment backlash...

And the guys that can work, would rather draw a check...

My only experience with an injured employee, is a guy that had to have a hernia surgery.  I paid his insurance deductible, kept him on the payroll, AND hired someone else to do his job for the 2-3 months he was out.  

It's a two way street for sure....

Logged

Never get too busy making a living that you forget to make a life.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!