October 07, 2026, 01:50:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: it just keeps getting worst for me  (Read 13500 times)
txsteve85
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 759



View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2012, 11:05:13 am »

When my company lays me off, I collect unemployment,I relax enjoy time with my kids, hunt and fish. I love it. Hope anything works out for you monty.
Logged
M Bennet
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 3674


LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S


View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2012, 01:44:46 pm »

i cant believe a billion dallor company i work for and i gave 7 yrs to and worked my way to the top at being there best operator, this is wat there doing for me. i feel like im just a number to them and they can hire some one else cheaper and to heck with me .  so now iv had neck surgery and got to do wat the doc says , he went in and worked around my spinal cord and it takes a long time to heal , im just trying to figure out while im off and cant do anything how to help my family out, wee have already lost are tahoa and some other thangs, so i dont think me using some goverment help is wromg. amd nobody up here  will hire me for lite duty were i leave will hire me cause of my neck surgery, the only good jobs are , welding,drivinga truck , work in rock crusher, or the oilfield. i just thank god that when i made all that money back in the big oil boom that i paid my house off and my land and the truck i drive
Logged

Monty Bennet
charles
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
**********
Offline Offline

Posts: 6233


2 burnin, 6 turnin powered by diesel


View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2012, 02:16:14 pm »

Chris, what about drawing up a type of contract that states the employment is temporary and having them sign in agreement, or is there a state/federal law making u pay into unemployment for every worker, reguardless if they are temp or perminent? Is the a timeline on employement be it temp or perm that they have to work before they are eligible to receive benifits?
Logged

Why should I trade one tyrant three thousand miles away for three thousand tyrants one mile away? An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as a king can!
Da Butcher
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 110


View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2012, 02:50:22 pm »

hire the person through a temp agency, and there will be NO unemployment issues. yes, you will pay a little higher hourly rate but no worries after that. or pay them as sub subcontractors and pay a salary rather than hourly.
Logged
justincorbell
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
**********
Offline Offline

Posts: 6361



View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2012, 08:55:22 pm »

i cant believe a billion dallor company i work for and i gave 7 yrs to and worked my way to the top at being there best operator, this is wat there doing for me. i feel like im just a number to them and they can hire some one else cheaper and to heck with me .  so now iv had neck surgery and got to do wat the doc says , he went in and worked around my spinal cord and it takes a long time to heal , im just trying to figure out while im off and cant do anything how to help my family out, wee have already lost are tahoa and some other thangs, so i dont think me using some goverment help is wromg. amd nobody up here  will hire me for lite duty were i leave will hire me cause of my neck surgery, the only good jobs are , welding,drivinga truck , work in rock crusher, or the oilfield. i just thank god that when i made all that money back in the big oil boom that i paid my house off and my land and the truck i drive

Mr. Monty, if I were you the first thing I would do tomorrow morning is find out the phone number and email of the human resources dept. of your company. A billion dollar business will for 100% sure have such a department in place. Call and email them to tell them that you feel you are being treated unfairly and lead your case, im by no means saying to call and email them and gripe but I would for sure let them know that you value your job and have been a dedicated employee to them for 7yrs and feel that it is not right that you are not receiving a bonus as well as that you are being told if you aren't back at a certain time that you will be fired.......Im just about positive that the "boss" man who told you that is in the wrong and i'd also be willing to bet that HR will look further into the problems you are facing.....its their job!

I hope that this helps. It burns my ass to hear of good hardworking peole being screwed over by their emloyers who look at them as nothing more than a number. I've never met you but I've read your posts for quite some time and ol stoke talks highly of you, i'd hate to hear that you lost your job over something you can't control. best of luck and hoe you heal up soon
Logged

"stupids in the water these days, they're gonna drink it anyway." - Chris Knight
boone823
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 496



View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2012, 03:08:52 pm »

Monty look up the Family Medical Leave Act or FMLA. It will tell you the Federal Law on such leaves.
  Good Luck Man
Logged
Amokabs
Hog Master
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1564


View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2012, 03:12:57 pm »

I'm with Justin. A company that large has a plan on paper in HR with their plan etc for medical leave. I have a feeling your "boss" is talkin out his  azz and not quoting company policy. I'd also bet the same goes for your bonus.
Logged
bob
Boar Slayer
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1298



View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2012, 03:39:24 pm »

circle c , Im right beside you on this one , I have a man on my crew 45yrs old , he mopped 100 cy on wed , and we poured 317 cy on thur 840 lf of mono curb & 15000 sf of pvg , we poured for 8 hrs , he mopped the whole time , sat I worked a side job , he couldnt even lift his arm , worked all day in pain with one arm , I sent him to the doctor , his shoulder is shot from yrs of finishing , he would still be here today working with one arm if I would let him , I sent him home for a few days with pay to heal up , that kind of man is becoming extinct , lets sue , draw unemployment, and lay up on our a$$ , its what I call americanized , its a major problem in society , everyone wants something for nothing , a bonus is something you get for working hard , making the man money , when your laid up your costing him money you dont deserve one , what comes around goes around , maybee it will get better if you start planting a little better seed , I could run a backhoe hurt pretty bad , run one for 30 yrs , thats not hard work , come on man  , step up  , my sister is the same way , to many reasons not to work , I spent 6 months in a wheel chair , my hips broke in 5 places , guts shoved threw my throat , I was on food stamps and had help , so ive been in your spot , but I sure wasnt able to even give myself a bath muchless hunt and here i am pouring mud , sitting forms , building the world
Logged
jon
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 944


Lake Texoma Hog Dogs


View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2012, 04:18:26 pm »

monty, hate to hear that i hope everything works out for ya.......
Logged

sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!!
TDHA Member
KevinN
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 3318


8173003241


View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2012, 04:20:01 pm »

Not to educated on heavy equipment. Can you run a back how w/ 1 arm?
Logged

"Let's talk some philosophy"
MOhogger
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 213



View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2012, 04:29:46 pm »

Well Monty, I guess its not a good year for us heavy equipment operators.
Just found out that after working 10 1/2 yrshr for the company I work for that tomorrow will be my last
day working for them. They sold the cpany and didnt give anybody a heads up on
what was going on. So I gues Ill be on the unemployment line as well.
Logged
TColt
Boar Slayer
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1169



View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2012, 05:08:54 pm »

I can promise you all that Monty is not lazy and the last thing he wants to do is collect unemployment. I was around for the complaining of pain in his arm months before he went to the dr. The dr would not release him, plain and simple.

He just had neck surgery and can't lift a jug of milk. He's been paying into insurance for x number of years and they won't cover his unemployment because it was not a "work related injury".

Monty has a family to look after and needs what he can get. He is selling off everything he has and giving great dogs to people who need them just to save a penny.

Monty, even when he is losing everything, would give the shirt off his back to help a stranger. The man needs help, and has a family to support. If y'all don't want him livin off our piece of number 2 government, help him get out of the situation he is in. I know damn sure I am, even with what little I got.

Yall know what happens when we A$$ U ME things. Y'all are pretty quick to judge when y'all don't know the whole situation. I like to see how some of y'all respond to a situation like Monty is in.
Logged

Taylor Colt Christian- TDHA member
http://tdha.org/

Support our sport!
M Bennet
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 3674


LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S


View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2012, 05:31:56 pm »

thanks tcolt for the money and hogs and the feeder lights you have given me to help me out  , but iv never asked for anything cause of pride i guess.  i no taylor i cant stand somebody to run there mouth if they dont even no whats going on. thanks buddy. and i want to say thank you,,,, to the other friends that have and would help my family out

mo hogger, i hear ya brother i hope you and the misses have a happy x-mas and a happy new year,
 
p.s . dan i forgot to tell you theres 2 words you dont say on here,  unemployment and dogo, lol  tell the guys i said hello and if you cant feed them bennet curs send them down here.
Logged

Monty Bennet
TeJaShOgSlAyER
Boar Slayer
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1193



View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2012, 05:50:42 pm »

I don't really know you Mr. Bennet but if there is anything I can do to help let me know that's a terrible situation your in and I hate to hear that! Especially with all these worthless ppl that get all this money from the government and have prolly never worked a day in there life and from what I have read you just can't catch a break! There are some good folks on this board but from what i have read there are some pretty sorry folks on here to! You seem like a great guy! So pm if there is Anything i can do hope you and your family have a merry chirstmas in these tuff times. Heal up hope you get to feeling better!
Logged

His legacy is rodeo and Cowboy is his name!
jon
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 944


Lake Texoma Hog Dogs


View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2012, 05:54:50 pm »

I can promise you all that Monty is not lazy and the last thing he wants to do is collect unemployment. I was around for the complaining of pain in his arm months before he went to the dr. The dr would not release him, plain and simple.

He just had neck surgery and can't lift a jug of milk. He's been paying into insurance for x number of years and they won't cover his unemployment because it was not a "work related injury".

Monty has a family to look after and needs what he can get. He is selling off everything he has and giving great dogs to people who need them just to save a penny.

Monty, even when he is losing everything, would give the shirt off his back to help a stranger. The man needs help, and has a family to support. If y'all don't want him livin off our piece of number 2 government, help him get out of the situation he is in. I know damn sure I am, even with what little I got.

Yall know what happens when we A$$ U ME things. Y'all are pretty quick to judge when y'all don't know the whole situation. I like to see how some of y'all respond to a situation like Monty is in.
I've been waiting for someone to say something
Logged

sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!!
TDHA Member
waylon-N.E. OK
Boar Slayer
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1200



View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2012, 06:26:50 pm »

This place got grouchy while I was away, Hey Monty do what you gotta do to take care of you and your's and don't sweat the haters .

God Bless, Waylon
Logged

Specializing in hard to find cold nosed armadillo dogs.
Osage County,Oklahoma
http://www.ok-federation-of-coonhunters.webs.com/
charles
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
**********
Offline Offline

Posts: 6233


2 burnin, 6 turnin powered by diesel


View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2012, 06:31:39 pm »

Not to educated on heavy equipment. Can you run a back how w/ 1 arm?

not really. it hs either 2 sticks to control the swing, bucket, 1st n 2nd boom, and some have 3 sticks for booms and bucket and 2 pedels for the swing. most equip takes both hands and both feet to operate effectively. its doable, but would not be cost effective
Logged

Why should I trade one tyrant three thousand miles away for three thousand tyrants one mile away? An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as a king can!
txsteve85
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 759



View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2012, 06:36:38 pm »

Monty look up the Family Medical Leave Act or FMLA. It will tell you the Federal Law on such leaves.
  Good Luck Man
X2
You should definetly qualify for it...
Logged
fonzie
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 939



View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2012, 06:44:36 pm »

I can promise you all that Monty is not lazy and the last thing he wants to do is collect unemployment. I was around for the complaining of pain in his arm months before he went to the dr. The dr would not release him, plain and simple.

He just had neck surgery and can't lift a jug of milk. He's been paying into insurance for x number of years and they won't cover his unemployment because it was not a "work related injury".

Monty has a family to look after and needs what he can get. He is selling off everything he has and giving great dogs to people who need them just to save a penny.

Monty, even when he is losing everything, would give the shirt off his back to help a stranger. The man needs help, and has a family to support. If y'all don't want him livin off our piece of number 2 government, help him get out of the situation he is in. I know damn sure I am, even with what little I got.

Yall know what happens when we A$$ U ME things. Y'all are pretty quick to judge when y'all don't know the whole situation. I like to see how some of y'all respond to a situation like Monty is in.

Well said Taylor!!!
Logged
Skrag
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 183


View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2012, 06:44:57 pm »

Companies dont care about employees dont let anyone that owns one blow smoke up your rear. Go union.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!