April 26, 2024, 10:07:21 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: out run and out SWAM  (Read 841 times)
tuskbuster
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2008, 10:08:59 pm »

1 of my buds got the contract on 3,ooo aCRES of city land around Mt. Scott,a lake that supplies all water for somewhere round 100,00 people.we get there at 8 am and wait a while for SOME people to show up but they didnt ,i only brouhgt my young rig dog Chewy and the plott xs.we get to the city gate and i drop chewy and 1 of the plotts ,wasnt but 2 minutess ande we got a strike and a bay ,head to em with a few bulls ,bay breaks ,and bayed again ,get to em and finally seen the boar just as he breaks again ,but this time he goes bout 150 yrds and takes the pups thru a sow group with pigs but they wasnt havein it .ran right thru em and stayed on his but as he came by us at 30 or so yrds.up and down the mt. and thru the canyons to bay him up only long enough for us to almost get there and break again.for over 2 hrs this goes on ,and we are wore out. we finally get to the REFUGE game fence and they turn back down the canyon.bayed again ,broke but we made it to em before they could make the watergap into the refuge.snapped em up and headed back up the mountain.had a good little rest and dropped a few of the other plott xs and finally the PARTY crowd shows up 4 hrs late. we take another trail back around the mt.routtin all over the place but we didnt get a strike till we were on the way back from the lake shore 3/4 mile or so.
they got a good bay with chewy and 2 plott xs and an old bmc bout 200 yrds away so they took off to it with the bulls while me and my bud gahtered up pups and waited for the catch.
a group of pigs come by us 50 or so out and i turned my red bitch to em and the last plott x ,wasnt but a bit and we heard squealin but the guys called and said the hog and dogs had takin to the water..made it around headed to em just in time comin down of the mt. to see the big hog comin up off the far bank of the lake ,300 plus yrds across deeep water and could still hear dogs choppin at him swimmin behind ,way behind.
got a little worried cause 1 of the guys found blood right where they went into the water.4 dogs and a big hog.
got all the guys back,and bulls ,thank god they didnt turn them out with all their gear on.might of beenGLUG, GLUG for them.
got to the wheelers and raced out 3 miles back to the trucks,loadee up and went another 5 miles around to the point where i saw the hog come out .around 1 1/2 hr since then.
found all the young dogs tired but in good health,tracked the old dog and was headin into the residential part of the lake.
finally found a guy that saw him cuttin thru the houses on a little draw headed west.got him tracked and he was runnin the edge of the lake guess gettin back to where we turned out.
at 5.30 he was back at the same point we turned em out. have never seen or heard of a hog swimmin that far much less dogs folowin that far in deep water
we;ll get em next time but im putiin floaties on my dogs 

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: